Dr. Nand LalPublications and Conferences
1. 1975 H.S.Saini, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Annealing studies of fission track in allanite.” Contrib. Mineral Petrol, V.52, P.143-145.
2. 1976 Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul and K.K. Sharma “Fission track ages and uranium concentration in garnets of Rajasthan, India.” Geol. Soc. AM. Bull, V.87, P.687-690.
3. 1976 Nand Lal, H.S.Saini and K.K.Nagpaul “Study of annealing versus etching behaviour of fission damages in biotite.” RAD. EFFECTS, V.29, P.161-163.
4. 1976 Nand Lal, H.S.Saini, K.K.Nagpaul and K.K. Sharma “Tectonic and cooling history of Bihar mica belt, India as revealed by fission track analysis.” Tectonophysics, V.34, P.163-180.
5. 1977 Nand Lal, R.Parshad and K.K.Nagpaul “Fission track annealing characteristics of Garnet.” Lithos, V.10, P.129-132.
6. 1977 Nand Lal, R.Parshad and K.K.Nagpaul “Fission track etching and annealing of tourmaline.” Nucl. Track Detection, V.1, P.145-148.
7. 1980 K.K.Sharma, K.D.Bal, Nand Lal, R.Parshad and K.K.Nagpaul “Paleo-uplift and cooling rates from various orogenic belts of India as revealed by radiometric ages.” Tectonophysics, V.70, P.135-138.
8. 1980 K.D.Bal, Nand Lal, R.S.Waraich and K.K.Nagpaul “Etching characteristics of natural quartz detector.” Nucl. Instr. Methods, V.173, P.303-305.
9. 1980 Y.P.Sharma, Nand Lal, K.D.Bal, R.Parshad and K.K.Nagpaul “Closing temperature of different fission track clocks.” Contrib. Mineral Petrol, V.72, P.335-336.
10. 1980 R.Parshad, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Determination of trace content of uranium in normal human blood by particle etch technique.” Health Phys., V.38, P.409-410.
11. 1980 S.K.Chakarvarti, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Trace estimation of uranium in soaps and detergents by solid state nuclear track detectors.” Int. J. Appl. Rad Isotopes, V.31, P.793-795.
12. 1980 S.K.Chakarvarti, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Thermal effects of the bulk luminous transmittance and track recording characteristics of dyed cellulose nitrate detector.” Nucl. Instr. Methods,V.175, P.491-494.
13 1980 S.K.Chakarvarti, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Nuclear Statistics with poorman’s detector: a laboratory experiment.” EU. J. Phys., V.1, P.133-137.
14 1981 Y.P.Sharma, Nand Lal, S.K.Chakarvarti, K.Mahesh and K.K.Nagpaul “Trace content of uranium in spices and condiments.” Health Phys., V.41, P.680-682.
15 1982 Nand Lal, Y.P.Sharma, P.K.Sharma, I.M.Talwar, K.K.Nagpaul and S.K.Chakarvarti “Uranium assay in milk.” Health Phys.,V.43,P.425-428.
16. 1982 K.D.Bal, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Fission track etching studies of different planes of epidote.” Phys. Chem. Minerals, V.82, P.158-160.
17 1983 Nand Lal, Y.P.Sharma, P.K.Sharma, I.M.Talwar, K.K.Nagpaul and S.K.Chakarvarti “Reply to cothern and Lapenbusch regarding the note uranium assay in milk.” Health Phys.
18. 1983 K.D.Bal, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Zircon and sphene as fission track geochronometer and geothermometer: a reappraisal.” Contrib. Mineral Petrol, V.83, P.199-203.
19. 1983 Nand Lal and R.S. Waraich comment on the paper “A new etching technique for developing fission tracks in epidote.” by Chakranarayan and powar. Nuclear Truck Rad. Measurements, V.7, P.191.
20. 1983 Nand Lal, S.K.Chakarvarti, Y.P. Sharma and K.K.Nagpaul “Distribution of profile of alfa emitting radionuclides in cigarette filters: a preliminary report.” Health Phys., V.44, P.422-424.
21. 1983 Nand Lal, P.K.Sharma, Y.P. Sharma and K.K.Nagpaul “Trace estimation of uranium in cereals and pulses.” Int. J. Appl. Rad Isotopes, V.34, P.939-940
22. 1983 K.K.Saini, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal, K.Mahesh and K.K.Nagpaul “TSD studies of cellulose nitrate.” Acta Polymeric, V.34, P.1-18.
23. 1984 K.Mahesh, D.R.Vij, N. Singh, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Isothermal decay studies in CAS:B1 phosphor using UV excitation.” Nuclear Track Rad. Measurements, V.9, P.139-142.
24. 1984 Nand Lal, P.K.Sharma, Y.P.Sharma and K.K.Nagpaul “Determination of uranium in fertilizers using fission rack method.” Fertilizer Research, V.6, P.85-89.
25. 1985 P.K.Sharma, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Study of trace amount of uranium in snuff.” Health Phys., V.48, P.811-812.
26. 1985 P.K.Sharma, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Estimation of uranium content in coffee samples by fissin track counting.” Health Phys., V.48, P.811-12.
27. 1986 Y.A. Yagnik, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Effect of ageing on cellulose electrets.” J.Mat.Sci.Lett, V.5, P.331.
28. 1986 I.M.Talwar, Y.A.Yagnik, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Field-induced thermally stimulated relaxation of polyvinylchloride.” J. Mat. Sci. Lett, V.5, P.1089-1090.
29. 1987 R.Ahmad, Nand Lal and P.K.Sharma “Fission track age of ignimbrite from summerfield formation, Jamaica .” Carb. J. Sci., V.23, P.444-448.
30. 1987 R.Ahmad, Nand Lal and P.K.Sharma “A fission track age for the above rocks granodiorite, Jamaica .” Carb. J. Sci., V.23, P.450-452.
31. 1987 Nand Lal, P.K.Sharma, K.K.Nagpaul, D.Behra and S.K.Malik “Radioactive uranium in various Indian tobaccos and consumable products (snuff, chutta, beedi and cigarette).” Int. J. Clinical Pharmacology Therap. Toxicology, V.25, P.36-37.
32. 1987 Y.A. Yagyik, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul and R.K.Jethi “The electret effect of kidney stones.” Biomaterials, V.8, P.503-505.
33. 1988 T.Tagami, Nand Lal, R.B.Sorkhabi, H.Ito and S.Nishimura “Fission track dating using external detector method: a laboratory procedure.” Mem. Fac. Sci. Kyoto Univ., V.53, P.1-30.
34. 1988 Nand Lal, S.Nishimura and R.B.Sorkhabi “Fission track geothermochronometry: a review.” J.Geotherm. Res. Soc. Japan, V.10, P.1-27.
35. 1988 T.Tagami, Nand Lal, R.B.Sorkhabi and S.Nishimura “Fission track thermochronologic analysis of the ryoke belt and the median tectonic line, south-west Japan.” J.Geophys. Res. V.93, No.B11, P.13705-13715.
36. 1989 Y.A. Yagyik, Nand Lal, I.M.Talwar and R.K.Jethi “Electrical conductivity of kidney stone.” Biomaterials. V.10, P.281-285.
37. 1990 Anupam, S.Kumar and Nand Lal “Etching and annealing characteristics of different CR-39 track detectors: A comparative study.” Nuclear Track Rad. Measurements, V.18, P.335-339.
38. 1990 Nand Lal, Y.P.Mehta, A.K.Thakur and S.Kumar “Statistics and error analysis using solid state nuclear track detectors: A laboratory experiment.” Nuclear Track Rad. Measurements, V.17, P.599-605.
39. 1993 Nand Lal “Minerals and Rocks, Ch.3, D.R.Vij Ed Book thermoluminescent materials, Prentice Hall, USA P.46-76.”
40. 1997 E.Hejl, D.Coyle, Nand Lal, P.Van Den Haute and G.A.Wagner “Fission -track dating of the western border of the bohemian massif: thermochronology and tectonic implications.” Geol. Rundsch, V.86, P.210-219.
41. 1997 G.A.Wagner, D.A. Coyle J. Duyster, F.Henjes-kunst, A.Peterek, B.Schroder, B.Stockhert, K.Wemmer, G.Zulauf, H.Ahrendt, R.Bischoff, E.Hejl, J.Jacobs, D.Menzel, Nand Lal, P.Van Den Haute, C.Vercoutere and B.Wezel “Post-variscan thermal and tectonic evolution of the KTB site and its surroundings.” Journal Geophys Res. V.102, No.B8, P.18221-18232.
42. 1998 Nand Lal, Y.P.Mehta, D.Kumar, A. Kumar and A.K.Jain “Cooling and exhumation history of the mandi granite and adjoining tectonic units, Himachal Pradesh, and estimation of closure temperature from external surface of zircon.” In: Geodynamics of the NW Himalaya, Jain, A.K. and Manickavasagam, R.M. (Eds.), Gondwana Research Group (Japan) Memoir 6 P.207-216.
43. 2000 A.K.Jain, D. Kumar, S.Singh, A.Kumar and Nand Lal “Timing, quantification and tectonic modeling of Pliocene-quaternary movements in NW Himalaya: Evidence from fission track dating.” Earth Planet Sci. Lett. V.179 No.3-4, P.437-451.
44. 2006 R.C.Patel, Y.Kumar, Nand Lal & A.Kumar “Thermotectonic history of the Chiplakot Cystalline Belt in the lesser Himalaya, Kumaon, India: Constraints from apatite fission-track thermochronology.” Journal of Asian Earth Sciences V.29, P.430-39.
45. 2009 A.K.Jain, Nand Lal, B.Sulemani, A.K.Awasthi, Sandeep Singh, Rajiv Kumar, and D.Kumar “Detrital-zircon fission track ages from the Lower Cenozoic sediments, NW Himalayan foreland basin: clues for exhumation and denudation of the Himalaya during the India-Asia collision.” Geological Soc. Am. Bulletin V. 121, P. 519-535
46. 2011 R.C. Patel, Vikas Adlakha, Nand Lal, Paramjeet Singh, and Yogesh Kumar, “Spatiotemporal variation in exhumation of the crystallines in the NW-Himalaya, India Constraints from fission track dating analysis.” Tectonophysics (In press).
47. 2011 Vikas Adlakha, R.C. Patel, Paramjeet Singh and Nand Lal, “Exhumational variability along the northeast Himalaya” Communicated to Jour Geophys Res
1. 1974 Nand Lal, A.Dev and K.K.Nagpaul “Fission track annealing and age
determination of Hornblende.” Pramana, V. 3, P. 204-208
2. 1975 Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul and M.K.Nagpaul “Fission track ages and uranium concentration of apatites of different rocks of south India.” Curr. Sci., V.44, P.411-413.
3. 1975 Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Fission track geochronology of some of the rocks of Himalayan region.” Him. Geol., V.5, P.104-114.
4. 1975 Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul and M.M. Dhawan “Determination of uranium content in water from hot springs of Himalayan region.” Him. Geol., V.5, P.185-192.
5. 1975 Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Annealing studies of fission damages in Muscovite.” Ind. J. Phys., V.49, P.637-639.
6. 1975 K.K.Nagpaul, Nand Lal, P.P.Mehta and M.K.Nagpaul “Fission track geochronology of India.” Geophys. Res. Bull. V.13, P.257-271.
7. 1979 R.Parshad, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Tectonic uplift of the Nellore mica belt of India as reveal by fission track dating technique.” Geophys. Res. Bull. V.13, P.257-271.
8. 1989 Nand Lal “Use of solid state nuclear track detectors for nuclear science experiments in eaching: A Review.” Phys. Education, V.6, P.185-198.
9. 1990 Anupam, S. Kumar and Nand Lal “Measurement of activity of an alpha source using solid state nuclear tract detection technique: an undergraduate lab experiment.” Bull. Indian Assoc. Phys. Teachers, V.7, P.329-332.
10. 1991 Nand Lal “Solid state nuclear track detectors 1: track characteristics and formation mechanisms.” Phys. Education, V.7, P.289-299.
11. 1991 Nand Lal “Solid state nuclear track detectors 2: track various sub fields.” Phys. Education, V.8, P.246-255.
12. 1992 Nand Lal “Solid state nuclear track detectors 3: applications in science and technology.” Phys. Education, V.8, P.311-319.
13. 1993 A.K.Thakur and Nand Lal “Determination of zeta calibration factor for fission track dating of apatite, sphene and zircon.” Ind. J. Pure Appl. Physics, V.31, P.241-250.
14. 1993 Y.P.Mehta, A.K.Thakur, Nand Lal, B.Shukla and S.K.Tandon “Fission track age of zircon separates of tuffaceous mud stones of the Pinjore formation (upper Siwalik subgroup) of Panjab sub-Himalayas.” Curr. Sci., V.64, P.519-521.
15. 1993 R.B.Sorkhabi, A.K.Jain, T.Itaya, S.Nishimura, R. Manickvasagam and Nand Lal “K/AR cooling ages from zanskar Himalayas: implications for the tectonics and exhumation of higher Himalayan metamorphic complex.” Curr. Sci. V.65, P.687-693.
16. 1994 R.B.Sorkhabi, A.K.Jain, S.Nishimura, T.Itaya, Nand Lal, R.Manickavasagam and T.Tagami “New age constraints on the thermal and unroofing history of the trans-Himalayan Ladakh Batholith (Kargil Area), NW India.” Proc. Ind. Academy. Sci., Earth Planet. Sci., V.103, P.83-97.
17. 1995 A. Kumar, Nand Lal, A.K.Jain and R.B.Sorkhabi “Late cenozoic – quaternary thermo-tectonic History of Himalayan Crystalline (HHC) in Padar-Zanskar Region, NW Himalaya: evidence from fission track ages.” J. Geol. Soc India, V.45, P.375-391.
18. 2003 Devender Kumar, A.K.Jain, R.C.Patel and Nand Lal “Exhumation of the Himalayan metamorphic belt: role of crustal scale folds as revealed from fission track ages.” DST News Letter, V.13, P.18-20.
19. 2006 Rajeev Kumar, Nand Lal, Sandeep Singh and A.K.Jain “Cooling and exhumation of the trans-Himalayan Ladakh Batholith, as constrained by fission track apatite and zircon ages.” Current Sci. V.92, No.4, P. 490-96
20. 2007 R.Kumar, Nand Lal S.Singh, and A.K.Jain, “Cooling and exhumation of the Trans-Himalayan Ladakh Batholith, as constrained by fission track apatite and zircon ages.” Current Science V.92, No.24, P.490-496
21. 2011 R.C. Patel,Vikas Adlakha, Paramjeet Singh, Yogesh Kumar and Nand Lal, “Geology, structural and exhumation history of Higher Himalayan crystallines in Kumaon Himalaya, India.” J. Geol. Soc of India V 77, P. 47-72
22. 2011 Vikas Adlakha, R.C. Patel and Nand Lal, “Exhumation and thermal history of the Shillong plateau: Constraints from apatite fission track analysis” J. Geol. Soc of India (accepted)
1. 1979 Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul and K.K.Sharma “Applications of SSNTD’s for the study of cooling and uplift rates of Indian sub-continent.” P 979-987 in Proc. of Int. Conf. on SSNTD’s published as (Francois et al., ed.) solid state nuclear track detectors by pergamon press
2. 1979 S.K.Chakarvarti, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Uranium trace analysis of some materials using solid state nuclear track detectors.” P 701-715, in Proc. of Int. Conf. on SSNTD’s published as (Francoid et al., ed.).” Solid state nuclear track detectors by Pergamon press.
3. 1981 K.K.Saini, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal, K.Mahesh and K.K.Nagpaul “Electret studies of CN-85.” P.45-49 of Proc. Int. Conf. on SSNTD published as solid state nuclear track detectors (Fowler et al., ed.) by Pergamon press.
4. 1981 S.K.Chakarvarti, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Effect of magnetic field on glass detector.” IBID, P.333-336.
5. 1985 Nand Lal, P.K.Sharma, K.K.Nagpaul, D. Behra and S.K.Malik “Uranium Assay in various tobaccos using SSNTD’s technique.” Proc. 13th Int. Conf. on Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors held in Rome, Italy.
6. 1985 Y.A. Yagyik, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul and R.K.Jethi “Bioelectrets of renal calculi (kidney stone).” Proc. 5th Int. Symp. Electrets, Eidelberg.
7. 2004 A.K.Jain, Rajeev Kumar Sandeep Singh, Nand Lal and M.E.Barley “SHRIMP U-Pb zircon ages from Trans-Himalayan Ladakh Batholith and its exhumation using fission track zircon-apatite ages.” Himalaya Journal of Sciences, Special Vol. 2(4), P.167 July, 2004.
8. 2004 R.C.Patel, Y.Kumar, Nand Lal and A.Kumar “Implication of mylonitic microstructures and apatite fission track dating studies for the geotectonic evolution of the Chiplakot Crystalline Belt, Kumaon Himalaya, India. The 19th HKT workshop, 10-12 July, 2004, Niseko, Japan.” Himalayan Journal of Sciences, Special vol. 2(4), P.217 July, 2004.
9. 2005 R.C.Patel, Y.Kumar and Nand Lal “Soutwestward extrusion & exhumation of rocks of the Higher Himalayan Crystallines, Kumason, NW-Himalaya India: as revealed from fission track & structural studies along Kali-Darma valleys.” 20th HKT workshop, Aussois 29 March – 1st April, 2005, Geolgie Alpine, Memoir H.S. No.44, pp.146.
1. 1981 Nand Lal, Y.P.Sharma, P.K.Sharma, I.M.Talwar, S.K.Chakarvarti and K.K.Nagpaul “Trace studies of uranium in food chains using fission track etch technique.” Proc. Nucl. Chemistry and Radiochemisty Symp. Held at B.H.U. Varanasi in Nov, P.783-790.
2. 1983 A Sahni, K.K.Nagpaul, A.K.Parshad, Nand Lal, P.S.Suri, P.K.Sharma and K.D.Bal “Behaviour of uranyl-ion during the fossilization processes of vertebraes in the exogenic geochemical cycle.” 3rd National Workshop on SSNTD’s, G.N.D. University, Amritsar, P.88-94.
3. 1983 S.K.Chakarvarti, Nand Lal and K.K.Nagpaul “Effect of magnetic field on the track recording behaviour of lexan.” Nuclear physics and solid state physics symp. held at Univ. of Mysore in Dec. 1983.
4. 1983 S.Kumar, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal, S.K.Chakarvarti, K.Mahesh and K.K.Nagpaul “On the possibilities of using the electret property of LR-115 in radon mapping.” IBID.
5. 1987 Y.A. Yagyik, I.M.Talwar, Nand Lal, K.K.Nagpaul, R.Gupta and R.K.Jethi “Electret studies on kidney stone and calcium salts.” Eds. P.P.Singh and A.K.endse. Multidimensional approach to urolithiasis.
6. 1988 P.K.Sharma, Nand Lal and A.K.Jain “Fission track technique applications in dating movements along main boundary thrust (krol-thrust) in the Himalaya.” Proc. 6th Indian Geol. Congress, P.199-207.
7. 1994 M.Israil, Nand Lal and A.Bansal “Hydrogeological investigation near Kurukshetraa and adjoining area in Haryana using surface geoelectrical method.” Proc. regional workshop on environmental aspects of groundwater development Oct. 17-20, 1994, Dept. of Geology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
8. 1994 M.Israil, Nand Lal and A.Bansal “Isoresistivity maps for the estimation of ground water potential in Jind area, Haryana.” Ppresented in AEG Seminar 5-7 October, 1994, ONGC, Dehradun.