– She is a dynamic, multitalented and award-winning dancer. Having performed on national and global stages, she brings in great insights into the teaching and learning of the classical dance of Odissi. She has been consistently adjudged as one of the most promising young Odissi dancers of her generation. She is currently teaching at Department of Visual & Performing Arts at Sri Sri University, Odisha and continues to train and mentor young boys and girls.
– She has been lucky to have great and legendary Gurus. As a child she was initiated into Odissi Dance by Guru Pusparanjan Mangaraj at the tender age of 3 and further continued by Mrs. Sarita Mishra. As a professional dancer she has taken rigorous training at the Orissa Dance Academy (ODA) under the able tutelage of eminent Gurus like Late Padmashree Guru Gangadhar Pradhan, Padmashree Guru Smt. Aruna Mohanty and Guru Smt. Madhusmita Mohanty (the recipient of “Bismilah Khan Yuva Prativa Puraskar).
– Besides teaching Odissi Dance for the last 15 years, Arupa has widely travelled and performed at some of the world’s highly prestigious platforms and festivals in Asia, Europe and America. She has been invited to USA, Canada, Belgium, Germany, China, Mauritius, Bangkok, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Muscat and Dubai, Abu Dhabi (UAE).
– She has conducted workshops at different schools in the states of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh being invited by SPIC MACAY (Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth) in 2015 & 2016
– She has acted as ‘Padmavati’, the lead actress of ‘Shri Jagannath’ TV serial telecast in Taranga Odia channel.