Bachelor of Commerce
The Bachelor of Commerce degree inculcates the skills and knowledge to pursue a career in business, broadly in the field of accounting, finance, human resources, statistics, marketing, economics, and information systems. The program offers an edge for students wishing to pursue a career in Chartered Accountancy or finance.
Course DetailsThe Bachelor of Commerce at SSU equips graduates with the knowledge and technical skills necessary to understand and participate in the modern business world. The course also prepares students for subsequent Postgraduate studies and allows them to achieve the highest level of success in their professional careers. The Bachelor of Commerce provides a solid foundation in economics, quantitative methods and organizational behavior. The structure of the course requires students to study compulsory and elective subjects from the core program. These determine a student's major field of study. It aims to provide students with the knowledge, tools of analysis and skills with which to understand and participate in the modern business and economics world, to prepare them for subsequent graduate studies and to achieve success in their professional careers. The Bachelor of Commerce focuses on the factors that drive economic behavior at both an individual and organizational level. The course will equip the student with the analytical, communication and problem-solving skills to effectively identify issues, source information and find efficient and practical solutions.
- It equips the students with knowledge and skills to pursue a career in business broadly in the fields of accounting, finance, insurance, banking, retailing, statistics, marketing, economic and information systems
- The program offers an edge for students wishing to pursue a career in CA, CS, Cost Accounting or finance
- Option to specialize in a range of subjects based on the interest of choice in taxation, accounting, computers, marketing, finance, HR
- Curriculum includes papers on entrepreneurship and small business management to encourage students to become entrepreneurs
- Value added workshops are conducted to train students through unique techniques to develop holistic, out of the box thinking, learning and presentation.
|1||Language, Literature & Creativity|
|4||Fundamentals of Financial Accounting|
|6||Building Mathematical Ability|
|2||Principles & Practice of Management|
|3||Office Management & Automation|
|6||IT Applications In Business (Excel , Ms Access)|
|2||Fundamentals of Statistics|
|3||Indian Heritage & Culture|
|4||Business Organization & Management|
|5||Computer Applications In Business|
|6||Business Regulatory Framework|
|1||New Auditing Trends|
|2||Science & Civilization|
|3||Elements of Actuarial Science|
|4||Principles of Marketing|
|5||Tally ( Accounting Packages)|
|4||Money & Financial System|
A) Accounting- Final Accounts-2
B) Computers-Database Mgt. System & System Analysis
C) Taxation – Direct & Indirect Taxes
A) Accounting – Corporate Accounting
B) Computers – Internet & World Wide Web
C) Taxation – Tax Planning & Procedure
|1||Entrepreneurship & Small Business Mgt.|
|2||Mind Mapping And Management|
A) Marketing- Sales & Distribution Mgt.
B)Hrm – Human Resource Management
C) Finance: Financial Management
A) Marketing- Retailing
B)Hrm – Labour Laws
C) Finance: Financial Markets & Services
A) Marketing- Services Marketing
B)Hrm – Industrial Relations
C) Finance: Security Analysis & Portfolio Mgt.
Duration - 6 Semesters (3 Years)
Seats - 60
|Per Semester||INR 27,500|
|Hostel type (Default)||4 sharing non AC, INR 35,000/- Per Sem|
Fee Details apart from Tuition and Hostel Charges:Admission fee: INR 5000/-
Examination Fee: INR 5000/-
Library deposit: INR 5000/-
Hostel Security Deposit: INR 10,000/-
What is the Bachelor of Commerce program about?The Bachelor of Commerce degree inculcates the skills and knowledge to pursue a career in business, broadly in the fields of accounting, finance, human resources, insurance, banking, retailing, statistics, marketing, economics, and information systems. The program offers an edge for students wishing to pursue a career in CA, CS, Cost Accounting or finance.
Q. What is the course structure of the BBA program?
The three-year full-time program is divided into six semesters, each carrying 600 marks. It includes field visits, seminars and project work. Students shall be evaluated for a total of 3600 marks divided into 1200 marks per academic year or 600 marks per semester. There will be a written examination of three-hour duration for 70 marks for every course at the end of each semester. Internal assessments will comprise 30 marks evaluated through internal tests, day-to-day class performance and attendance. In order to pass in a course, the candidate will have to score a minimum of 40% marks in the individual head of the examination (i.e. 28/70 in the end-semester exam and 12/30 in the internal assessment).
Q. Why should I take up the BBA program at Sri Sri University?
1) Updated curriculum: The program offers the latest curriculum as per UGC norms extended through a pedagogy that blends classroom teaching, practical skill development, case studies (in management papers) and field study as an ideal foundation for higher studies in commerce and management.
2) Multiple specializations: Students can opt to specialize in a range of subjects based on their choice of interest in Accounting, Taxation, Computers, Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management in the final year.
3) Career-oriented courses: The curriculum is tailored for careers in today’s business environment featuring papers on Tally, e-commerce, retailing, insurance, banking and accounting. The curriculum includes papers on entrepreneurship and small business management as well as in other areas of business and management to equip students to become entrepreneurs.
4) Special classes for CA/CS/ICWA: The program includes special preparatory classes to prepare students who are appearing for CA/CS/ICWA exams.
5) Value-Added Courses: Students are trained in unique techniques to develop holistic, out-of-the-box thinking, learning and presentation through courses on ‘Mind Mapping and Management’.
6) Global Network and Platform: The Art of Living’s vast network spanning across 150 countries as well as the university’s collaborations with organizations such as the World Forum for Ethics in Business offers an international platform for students who wish to work in corporations or become entrepreneurs.
Q. I have just completed my +2. Can I apply for the B.Com program?
If you have completed or are about to complete plus two from any higher secondary board and have scored 50% marks in aggregate you are eligible to apply for the program.