BA Yogic Science
The program brings together contemporary classroom learning techniques coupled with a traditional yogic gurukul way of life which includes morning yoga-asanas and meditation, karma yoga, devotional chanting, periods of silence (mauna) and a controlled diet (mitahara).
Course DetailsThe Bachelor of Arts Program in yoga is spread over three academic years and comprises a total of six semesters, each lasting 16 weeks.
Total Credits required to complete the BA in Yoga are 120. The evaluation process will take into account the spiritual discipline of students.
Total Number of Semesters - 4 interspersed with summer internship
Total number of courses - 21
Total number of field projects - 1
Total number of Theses - 1
Duration of a classroom session - 60 min
Total number of sessions per course - 50 sessions for 1 credit
Maximum number of courses per semester - 6
Credit Courses - 4 credit course (Thesis carries 6 credit)
|FYB101||Yoga Practice I||1|
|FYB102||Foundation of Yoga||1|
|FYB103||Human Anatomy and Physiology||1|
|FYB201||Yoga Practice II||1|
|FYB202||Branches of Yoga||1|
|FYB203||Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga||1|
|FYB206||Prana and Pranayama||1|
|FYB301||Yoga Practice III||1|
|FYB302||Patanjali Yoga Sutra I (Chapter I and II)||1|
|FYB303Yoga Practice III||Yoga and Health I||1|
|FYB304||Yoga and Ayurveda||1|
|FYB305||Yoga and Naturopathy||1|
|FYB306||Bhagavad Geeta I||1|
|FYB307||Yoga and Nutrition||1|
|FYB401||Yoga Practice IV||1|
|FYB402||Patanjali Yoga Sutra II (Chapter III and IV)||1|
|FYB403||Yoga and Health II||1|
|FYB405||Raja Yoga, Meditation & Samadhi||1|
|FYB406||Bhagavad Gita II||1|
|FYB407||Raja Yoga, Meditation & Samadhi||1|
|Summer Internship Program (SIP)|
|FYB501||Yoga Practice V||1|
|FYB502||Mudras and Communication||1|
|FYB503||Hatha Yoga Text||1|
|FYB504||Human Psychology and Yoga||1|
|FYB505||Yoga Teaching Methodology||1|
|FYB506||Introduction to Upanishad||1|
|FYB601||Yoga Practice VI||1|
|FYB603||Bhagavad Gita Chanting||1|
|FYB605||Yoga and Dance||1|
10 + 2 Pass
Duration - 6 Semesters (3 Years)
Seats - 60
|Per Semester||INR 17,500|
|Hostel type (Default)||4 sharing non AC, INR 35,000/- Per Sem|
Fee Details apart from Tuition and Hostel Charges:Admission fee: INR 5000/-
Examination Fee: INR 5000/-
Library deposit: INR 5000/-
Hostel Security Deposit: INR 10,000/-
Can you tell me about the Bachelor of Arts Program in Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences?The program brings together contemporary classroom learning techniques coupled with a traditional yogic gurukul way of life which includes morning yoga-asanas and meditation, karma yoga, devotional chanting, periods of silence (mauna) and a controlled diet (mitahara).
Q. Who should apply for the course?
- Anybody who wishes to become a yoga teacher/trainer and/or a yoga entrepreneur
- Anybody who is passionate about the ancient tradition and wishes to contribute to its preservation, revival and perpetuation
- Anybody who wants to get in touch with their inner selves and learn what it means to be a yogi and delve deeper into the science of yoga
Q. What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for admission to this program, the candidate is required to have successfully completed Class XII/PUC/Plus Two/twelve years of school education or its equivalent, basic English language skills and secured a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
Q. Why should I choose to study this program at Sri Sri University?
-Academics and Curriculum: Apart from imparting traditional yogic training, the curriculum includes papers on Nutrition, Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Human Psychology and Counselling for holistic training so students learn to become lifestyle experts.
- Blend of the modern and the ancient: Sri Sri University is spread across a sylvan 185-acre campus alongside a tributary of the Mahanadi river. The 100 % vegetarian, smoke-free and alcohol-free campus, offers a rich and vibrant environment for learning With air conditioned classrooms, seminar halls and practice halls, the program offers the best current learning techniques coupled with traditional yogic discipline through a gurukul lifestyle.
- Art of Living Connect: The Faculty of Yoga and Naturopathy at Sri Sri University is directly under guidance of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s academic pedagogy. Students are closely guided by internationally acclaimed yoga faculty from the Art of Living Foundation. Students also gain exposure from the Art of Living’s world-class conferences, festivals, events and other forums. Training and Placements: The program trains students to become yoga entrepreneurs who can set-up and manage yoga studios. Students are also offered summer internships and placements at the Art of Living Foundation’s yoga centers around the world.
Q. How is the program structured?
The Bachelor of Arts Program in Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences is spread over three academic years and comprises a total of six semesters, each lasting 16 weeks. Sri Sri University students will follow a disciplined academic lifestyle with extracurricular activities, including Art of Living programs, soft skills training and conferences.
Q. What will the curriculum include?
Find out more about the curriculum at our Faculty of Yoga and Naturopathy page.
Q. What are the career options?
- Yoga teaching/training with summer internships and placements at the Art of Living Foundation’s global yoga centres
- Yoga entrepreneurship – setting up and running a yoga studio
- Careers in academics and research in yoga with the Master of Arts Program at Sri Sri University as the next step for those pursuing the Bachelor’s program
Q. What are the criteria for assessment?
The Faculty of Yoga and Naturopathy follows a nine-point grade evaluation system as prescribed by UGC under choice-based credit system. Grading for each course will be determined from:
• Final and mid-term tests (written and viva)
• Individual assignments
• Class participation
• Group assignments