M.A. - Good Governance and Public Policy
The Faculty of Good Governance at Sri Sri University offers a two-year Master of Arts Program in Good Governance. The program aims to create ethical and effective leaders in: Politics / Administration / Civil society through NGOs / The CSR sector.
Course DetailsMasters of Arts in Good Governance and Public Policy program focuses on issues of governance and analyses how society deals with challenges and policy problems, often by combining the resources of government, private and community sectors. Students develop practical knowledge and a critical, enquiring approach to questions of governance and policy development in the new millennium. Students are exposed to leading thinkers and debates in the public, private and community sectors, and develop capacities to enhance effectiveness in the workplace and gain a better understanding of the way governments operate as well as the major public issues confronting our society.
One of the cornerstones of this program is its interdisciplinary curriculum, which prepares students for work at the intersection of various academic disciplines. The GGPP program aims to train young professionals and public leaders to implement transparent, efficient and democratic governance based on the rule of law and social justice.
Governance is linked with political, social and cultural challenges for all kinds of political actors participating in political decision-making in all policy phases. Such challenges may be the contradictions arising out of diverse social demands and various economic constraints or problems linked with competing interests between cultural diversity and universal values. The highlights of this course are:
1. Focus on equipping students with tools for analysis and development of public policy not only through classroom interaction, but also through a ‘hands on’ approach by facilitating summer engagement program/project in the areas of public policy and good governance.
2. Regular weekly guest lectures by senior IAS/IPS officials and from other eminent personalities gives wide range of exposure to students
3. Program includes policy action/research labs which will open up space for debates, interaction and engagement through experimentation with scholars, citizens, policy makers and activists on policy making and its practical implications
4. The ethics and values espoused by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ,founder of Art of Living are also inculcated into students life for a value based holistic development
5. The pedagogy embeds unique approach of class room teaching and labs like job shadowing, policy analysis and field visits etc. to add to skill development of students.
2. Fundamentals of Public Administration
3. India: Democracy and Development - I
4. India: Democracy and Development - II
5. Principles of Indian Economy
6. Introduction to Public Policy
7. Civil Society: Social Movements and NGOs
8. Indian Economy and Public Finance
9. Ethics in Governance
10. Public Sector Organizational Behaviour
11. Law and Public Policy
12. Research Methodology
13. India and Global Governance
14. Party System and Political Participation in India
15. Constituency Management
16. Parliamentary Procedures and Privileges
17. Indian Political Thought
18. Political Strategy and Innovation
19. Public Relations
20. Political Sociology
21. Electoral Politics in India
2. Administrative Governance
22. Development Administration
23. Administrative Law
24. Comparative Public Administration
26. Urban Development Administration
27. Disaster Management
28. Tribal Development Administration
29. Human Rights Administration
3. NGO & Corporate Governance
30. Rural Development
31. Corporate Social Responsibility
32. Environment and Sustainable Development
33. NGO Management
34. Social Welfare Administration
35. Corporate Governance
36. Environment Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment
37. Public Health Policy and Management
2. Summer Internship
Graduation (Min 50%)
Duration - 4 Semesters
Seats - 60
|Per Semester||INR 50,000|
|Hostel type (Default)||3 sharing non AC, INR 37,500/- Per Sem|
Fee Details apart from Tuition and Hostel Charges:Admission fee: INR 5000/-
Examination Fee: INR 5000/-
Library deposit: INR 5000/-
Hostel Security Deposit: INR 10,000/-
Click here to Download our GGPP Placement brochure
Good Governance Scholarship Test on 30th June 2017
We are delighted to inform you that OVBI - SSU announces two prestigious national scholarships (Sardar Vallabhai Patel and Netaji Subhash Ch. Bose) for students of Masters in Good Governance and Public Policy at Sri Sri University. Please find the scholarship guidelines & details about test pattern. Please feel free to contact us for any queries.
Scholarship Aptitude test : 30th June 2017
Written Test : 11 am to 12 pm ( 1 hour )
Certificate Verification : 12 noon to 1 pm
Personal Interview : 3 pm to 5 pm
Venue : Shruti Block, Sri Sri University, Odisha
Bring the following documents in original and in photo copies for the verification while coming for the test :
1. Family average income certificate that less than 6 lacs.
2. 10th , 12th and Graduation mark-sheets and Certificates. Other relevant academic certificates if any.
Selection Procedure will be based on your performance in the Entrance Test (50%), Career Marks (30%) and Personal Interview (20%).
To apply for the Scholarship Test, one need to make the provisional admission payment before 28th June 2017.
Please find attachment of the exam pattern.
Download Exam Pattern
Career in Good Governance
Why should we choose a career on Good Governance? What are the career objectives?
How can we contribute to the society?
Can you tell me what the Master of Arts Program in Good Governance is about?This is a two-year MA in Good Governance and Public Policy. It is one of the first few programs in India designed to train civil servants and political leaders. Inspired by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji’s idea of Good Governance and World Peace, this program offers in-depth understanding of public policy issues and the solution thereof, with a unique blend of ancient Indian knowledge systems and modern Western technology.
Q. Who should apply for the course?
Anyone who is willing to invest two years to develop critical skills to become a transformational and ethical leader with capacity to emerge as a change agent is welcome to apply.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria?
Anybody who holds a graduate degree in any stream of education with minimum 50% marks is eligible to apply for the program.
Q. Why should I choose to study this program at Sri Sri University?
Sri Sri University is one of the few institutions in the world to have introduced this unique course which will train future civil servants and leaders in political, NGO, media and business sectors. This program has innovative labs for skill training and policy analysis. We have developed partnerships with several departments of state and national governments, media houses, civil society organisations and industry bodies. This will provide a broad platform for students to develop their personality, skills and strengthen their chances to lead in their chosen fields. The Art of Living Foundation with whom the university is deeply associated is present in more than 152 countries worldwide. The global network offered by the organization provides us a great platform for students to connect to global issues and institutions to develop global perspectives and globally transferable skill sets.
Q. Who will teach the program?
The faculty members are a blend of bureaucrats and academics in the fields of public administration, public policy and international relations. The focus is ‘glocal’. Our faculty members have local and international experience in studying, teaching, training, consulting and publishing. Senior IAS and IPS officers (including a Chief Secretary and an Additional DG Police) have been teaching either a full paper or sharing a paper with other faculty members. They bring in distinctive insider perspectives and provide insights into policymaking from their personal experiences. Visit our Faculty page to know more.
Q. How is the program structured?
The four-semester program has six papers in the first year along with six unique Governance and Policy Labs, known as GAP Labs. Students can take elective papers from the departments of Management, Yoga and Performing Arts. The programme includes a Summer Internship Program and a Thesis.
Q. What will the curriculum include?
The curriculum has been designed to prepare students for Civil Services, UGC-NET in Public Administration, higher education through MPhil/PhD programs and other jobs in the areas of NGO governance, political governance and corporate governance. Visit our Faculty of Good Governance and Public Policy page to know more.
Q. What are the career options?
There are four career options in the areas of
- Civil Services (both Union and State Civil Services)
- Political Leadership (both at the Union and State levels)
- NGO/Development Sector
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Sector
Q. Does Sri Sri University offer placements for the program?
Sri Sri University provides skill training required for the career options in the above mentioned sectors. The university will facilitate internship programmes and also provide full support in job placements. The final responsibility will be on the students to impress upon the recruiters.