To learn to read, write, speak and understand simple Sanskrit texts, chanting of verses, connecting the Divine language to your language, to understand the science behind this eternal language.
- Time Duration – 3 months (6 hours per week)
- Approximate no. of classes – (6X12) 72 classes
- Mantra/Shloka Chanting will be a compulsory part of all classes (10-15minutes in beginning of class)
Module I (20-24 classes)
- Introduction to Sanskrit language
- Sanskrit Scripts – Knowing Varna, Writing and correct pronunciation of Devanagari and Roman Dicritical alphabates – 2 hours.
- Sanskrit Varnamala (Alphabets) – Its logic, knowing Vedic and Laukika Sanskrit varna, their spiritual meanings and effects, origin and types – 2 hours.
- Sanskrit Pada (Words) – Types – Shabdarupa, Dhaturupa (Introduction to various pada formats). Structure – Prakriti, Pratyaya, their types and meanings. 18-20 hours.
- Introduction to Sanskrit Etymology. Formation of new Pada – 1 hour.
Module II (20-24 classes)
- Sanskrit Sentences – Introduction. Connecting Shabdarupa and Dhaturupa and Forming simple sentences. Understanding Karta(doer/subject) , Visheshana (adjective) and Kriya (verb) in a Sanskrit sentence. – 2 hours.
- Understanding Karaka (case) and Vibhakti (related suffixes) in Sanskrit sentence. Their types, meaning and usage. – 6-8 hours.
- Upapada Vibhakti. – 1 hour.
- Understanding and forming simple sentences in Sanskrit. – 1 hour.
- Types of Sentences (Vachya) – Kartri Vachya, Karma Vachya, Bhava vachya. Understanding their structure and usage. – 4 hours.
- Verse forms – knowing anvaya, understanding some famous common verses. 2 hours
- Sanskrit Chhanda (meters) – Introduction to Vedic and Laukika chhanda (meters). Knowing some famous chhandas with examples and their recitation. 6-8 hours.
Module III (20-24 classes)
Spoken Sanskrit – Fluency in speaking, writing and thinking in Sanskrit language. 10 hours.
Sanskrit writings – short stories, exercises etc. 2 hours.
Introduction to Sanskrit Vangmaya – Vedic and Laukika (Veda, Vedang, Literature, Shastras). Science and different streams of knowledge in Sanskrit. 4 hours.
Understanding Selected Texts from some Famous Sanskrit writings – Veda Samhita, Upanishad, Epics (Ramayana, Mahabharata, BhagawadGita, Patanjali Yoga Sutram, Abhijnana Shakuntalam). 7-10 hours.