Ms. Ananya Das
- M . Arch (Sustainable Architecture)
What subject you teach at SSU ?
Construction Technology and Materials, Barrier Free Environment, Vernacular Architecture, Computer Applications II, Interior Services IV, Theory of Design, Architectural Design III
- Visiting scholar under exchange of Scholars Scheme was awarded under Indo Dutch Programme on Alternatives and Development, Rhodes University, South Africa, 2006
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded under the Indo Dutch program on Alternatives and Development, Wageningen University, The Netherlands, 1999.
- Short- term Netherlands Government Fellowship for refresher course in Philippines 1999.
- Netherlands Government Fellowship, 1992.
- Young Scientists’ Award by Indian Science Congress Association for original contribution in the field, 1985.
- Has several National and International Publications
- Visited Argentina, Austria, Canada, the Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, South Africa, South America, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, in connection with academic assignments and or Conferences
Besides the above Academic achievements, Prof. Rekha Singhal is a keen sportsperson and a music aficionado. She has won several medals at the national level in Table Tennis, Badminton and Swimming. She is also the proud recipient of Sangeet Prabhakar in Sitar from Prayag Sangeet Samiti in 1979.
- Chief and Principal investigator of multiple research projects.
- Founder and life member of Geriatric Care and Research Organization (GeriCaRe). GeriCaRe is involved in the care of the elderly and research in various aspects relevant to old age. It endeavours to provide evidence based information for caregivers, elderly and the health care professionals about age related issues. It organises International Conference on Healthy Ageing which is open to older adults, their cares and professionals. GeriCaRe won Vayoshrestha Samman, an Indian National Award as the Best Institution for Research in the Field of Ageing in 2016 from the President of India.
- Founder and Resource Person of Quality of Life Research and Development Foundation (QoLReF). This organisation is supporting a vast area of multidisciplinary research and publications related to health and quality of life. QoLReF has conducted linguistic validation of a few Quality of Life Scales in Indian languages. It is also involved in health-related charity work.
Professor : IIM Ranchi.
My motivation to join Sri Sri University is to be one of the active partners in developing value-based world Class University.
The unique blend of psychology and contemplation aimed by the Department of Contemplative and Behavioural Sciences (DCBS) is incomparable not only in India but in the globe, is my key inspiration to join Sri Sri University.
The contemplation infuses learning with experience and awareness as it fosters intellectual, personal, and spiritual growth, and helps to master critical skills and multi-cultural sensitivities needed to understand and translate it into practices that change the world.
- “President Gold Medal” for 1st Rank in Master in Architecture (Sustainable Architecture) in the year 2020 from School of Architecture, GITAM School of Architecture, Visakhapatnam
- Affordable cyclone resilient houses for fishermen in Somolo Island, Chilika, Odisha Published in JETIR (www.JETIR.org) ISSN UGC Approved (Journal No. 63975) & 5.87 Impact factor. Published in Volume 7 Issue 8, August-2020, Date of Publication – 27.08.2020
- Energy Conservation Through Passive Ventilation in an office building Paper accepted on 19.11.2020 by JETIR (www.JETIR.org) ISSN UGC Approved (Journal No. 63975) & 5.87 Impact factor.