B.Tech in CSE
B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering - Specialization in Cyber Security & Cyber Defense
- B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering with a specialization in Cyber Security & Cyber Defense is a 4-year undergraduate program where a student would learn the intricacies of keeping cyberspace safe and secured.
- Through the course of Cyberdefense, a student would be taught computer network defense mechanisms which include response to actions and prime infrastructure protection for institutions, government bodies, and other networks.
- The program focuses to teach students to build cyberspaces that prevent attacks by detecting and providing timely responses to threats, which ultimately ensures that no information gets tampered with.
- Cybersecurity and cyber defense run at a multitude of activities from safeguarding the platform by protecting the environment from possible attackers to interpreting critical locations, and delicate facts/data.
- It also deals with creating preventative controls that make the attacks expensive, analyzing and identifying vulnerable pathways that the attackers could target. It also helps in improving the effectiveness of the security resources and expenses.
Unique Course Offering
Our salient course features include :
- Contemporary knowledge and understanding of management theory with technology in mind.
- Theoretical and applied perspectives.
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills in Cyber Security.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of information systems, including digital business models, IS architecture, and nascent technologies.
- An understanding of the principles of Cyber Security, including cybercrime theory, basic security, and Cyber Security auditing and assessment.
- Students would be provided with in-house incubation support which is approved by the Govt. in order to aid their entrepreneurial efforts.
- Exclusive cultural & literary clubs providing versatile exposure to students.
- Students can access the portals where classes and resources would be recorded and they would be able to retrieve them 24*7 as per their convenience.
- We would also provide guest classes by industry experts so that students get first-hand knowledge of the market scape and industry demands
- Internship opportunities would be provided from 1st year onwards with minor/live projects.
- The course curriculum would be updated each year at par with industry demands.
- In case a student opts for Integrated Program after BTech, either an MBA or MTech, then we would assure a placement guarantee of a minimum 15 lakhs package. As we would be following the model of Offer-Training-Deployment
- We also have the collaborative program in place with foreign universities, where a student in his 4th year can opt-in through the medium of virtual classes, and on the final/5th year can complete his on-site studies.
What you will learn
- You will learn how to analyze policy, trends, and intelligence to better anticipate and identify current and emerging cyber threats.
- You will also learn how to evaluate practices and procedures to prevent or minimize attacks.
- You will better understand the importance of risk management both from the Cybersecurity perspective as well as from the management perspective.
- Academia-Industrial Visit
- Internships 2-30 weeks durations
- Hands-on working in the virtual Cyber Range and LMS
- Development of Simulations Labs
- Product and Service Development and Startup
- Onboarding the companies/ organizations as an expert
Bouquet of Activities of CyberPeace Foundation
- Global CyberPeace Challenge eRaksha - Nationwide online safety competition
- Global CyberPeace Dialogues
- Global CyberPeace Summit
- CyberPeace Clubs
The career avenues with a degree of B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering with a specialization in Cyber Security & Cyber Defense are very lucrative, and offer a wide range of alternatives, for students to choose from. Some of the commonly opted career choices are highlighted below:
- Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- Security Software Developer
- Security Engineer
- Security Consultant
Some of the top companies that recruit professionals with cybersecurity degree are:
- GE Capital
- American Express
- Capital One
- General Motors
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Lockheed Martin
- Boeing and many more
COURSE FACT SHEET
45% In PCM at +2 Sc Level /
45% in total at +2 Sc level with rank in SSU CET /JEE (Main) / OJEE/
Any other State Level & National Entrance Test
What People Say About Us
“I found the campus quite beautiful and serene. Around here, it is a different kind of experience. It is away from hustle and bustle of city near Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. If you want to do meditation or spend some time to do some serious work like writing, thinking, contemplating, this is a wonderful place.”
“SSU is providing value education and this is going to serve the need of the hour to produce qualified people who have got exposure to cultural and traditional facility. The University is doing a lot to promote Indian culture and they are take care of people like anything and I found all of them very good human being .I feel that this university has got a very bright future because this university has a very strong foundation , they are doing a lot and they are very liberal and they are very open minded.”
Applications for 2022 Open