Dr. G. K. Pal
- M. B. B. S.
- M. D.(Physiology)- Gold Medalist
- PhD. , D.Sc.
- B.N.Y.T.(Nephropathy & Yoga therapy)
- M.D.(Alternative Medicine)
What subject you teach at SSU ?
- Prof. Sundaram Subramaniam Memorial Award of IABMS for Best Research contribution in the field of Biomedicine, for the year 2018
- Prof. K. P. Puthuraya Best Teacher Award, from APPI, for the year, 2017 Bharat Jyoti Award from India International Friendship Society for outstanding contribution in medical education and research, for the year, 2014
- Dr. B. K. Anand Research Prize from Association of Physiologists & Pharmacologists of India for the year 2011, for outstanding research publication in Physiology.
- Dr. M. L. Gupta Oration Award of Association of Physiologists & Pharmacologists of India for the year 2010, for best contribution in Medical Education and Technology.
- Prof. J. N. Maitra Memorial for Oration Award from Physiological Society of India for the year 2009, for outstanding contribution in physiological sciences.
- A. V. Tilak Parvathi Devi Research Prize from the Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India for the year 2007, for best research work in neuroendocrinology.
- Dr. A. Namasivayam Award from Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists for the year 2007 for the best research contribution in the field of Neurophysiology.
- Sushila Thaker Prakriti Mandir Prize from the Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India (APPI) for the year 2004, for the best research work in the field of Yoga, Natural Health and Naturopathy.
- Total Research Publications: 203
- Research Citations (In Google Scholar): Citations – 3804; h-index: 25; i10-index: 44
He is Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Physiology (IJCEP), An International Journal of Wolter-Kluwer Medknow Publications.
- Positions held in National Bodies: i) President, Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists. ii) Vice-President of Federation of Indian Physiological Societies (FIPS) iii) Vice-President of Indian Association of Bio-Medical Scientists (IABMS): 2002-2009 & 2015-2017 iv) Member of Scientific Advisory Board of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & FW (2012- 2016). v) General Secretary, Association of Physiologists of India. vi) Former Vice-President, South Asian Association of Physiologists (SAAP)
- AUTHOR OF: i) Comprehensive Textbook Medical Physiology, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2nd Edition, 2019 ii) Textbook of Practical Physiology, Orient-Longman, Fourth Edition, 2016. iii) Textbook of Medical Physiology, Ahuja Publications, Third Edition, 2019. iv) Textbook of Physiology for Dental Students, Ahuja Publications, Secnd Edition 2019. v) Contributor of Textbook of Medical Physiology, by Guyton AC (Edited by Hall HE), 11th Edition, 2011.