Dr. Madhumita Das
What subject you teach at SSU ?
- Postcolonial World Literature
- Indian Popular Fiction and Linguistics
- Visiting scholar under exchange of Scholars Scheme was awarded under Indo Dutch Programme on Alternatives and Development, Rhodes University, South Africa, 2006
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded under the Indo Dutch program on Alternatives and Development, Wageningen University, The Netherlands, 1999.
- Short- term Netherlands Government Fellowship for refresher course in Philippines 1999.
- Netherlands Government Fellowship, 1992.
- Young Scientists’ Award by Indian Science Congress Association for original contribution in the field, 1985.
- Has several National and International Publications
- Visited Argentina, Austria, Canada, the Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, South Africa, South America, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, in connection with academic assignments and or Conferences
Besides the above Academic achievements, Prof. Rekha Singhal is a keen sportsperson and a music aficionado. She has won several medals at the national level in Table Tennis, Badminton and Swimming. She is also the proud recipient of Sangeet Prabhakar in Sitar from Prayag Sangeet Samiti in 1979.
- Internal Resource Person in PAC Programme “Effectiveness of an Intervention in Improving English Language Proficiency among Students of Elementary level in West Bengal” in Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar on 29th and 30th November2016
- Internal Resource Person in PAC Programme “Effective Pedagogical Strategies in Teaching English Language at Secondary Level for Teachers of SC dominated areas of Bihar” in Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar on 15th to 17th of November 2016
Professor : IIM Ranchi.
My motivation to join Sri Sri University is to be one of the active partners in developing value-based world Class University.
The unique blend of psychology and contemplation aimed by the Department of Contemplative and Behavioural Sciences (DCBS) is incomparable not only in India but in the globe, is my key inspiration to join Sri Sri University.
The contemplation infuses learning with experience and awareness as it fosters intellectual, personal, and spiritual growth, and helps to master critical skills and multi-cultural sensitivities needed to understand and translate it into practices that change the world.
- Best Publication of the Year Award (2016) from Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- NHS International Fellowship (2003-05) from Department of Health, UK
- Col. Kripal Singh Award (2000) from Indian Psychiatric Society
- Shantiniketan Mental Health Award (2000) Association of Industrial Psychiatry of India
- Bhagwat Award (1997) from Indian Psychiatric Society
- GC Boral Award (1994, 1995) from Indian Psychiatric Society Odisha State Branch
- “Reflection of Life: An Autobiographical Elements in R. K. Narayan Works” Research Scholar: An International Refereed e-Journal on Literary Explorations, (ISSN: 2320-6101), Vol. 4 Issue I, February 2016.
- “Reconstructing The Self in Anita Nair’s Ladies Coupe” Language in India (ISSN 1930-2940), Vol. 17, February 2016
- “Narrative Discourse in the Short Stories of R. K. Narayan” Literary Oracle, June Issue, 2014. • “Human Relationship in Manoj Das Short Stories” Rock Pebbels A Peer Reviewed International Journal. Jan-June Issue, Vol. XVI No.1 2012 pp.111-113.
- “Social Realism in Arundhati Roy The God of Small Things” Culture and Consciousness A Study on the novels of Indian Writers in English. ISBN 978-93-81361-85-6 pp.194-199.
- “Moral Vision in the poetry of Jayanta Mahapatra” Golden Research Thought, Vol.1,Issue.XI/May 2012 pp.1-4. Book Social Realism in Arundhati Roy The God of Small Things: A Review Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, ISBN 978-3-8465-1777-2
- Public education on mental health: through newspaper columns, invited talks, seminars and webinars
- Charitable work supporting mental health care in Odisha through tele-psychiatry and health camps
- Reading and writing poetry, short stories