Dr. Sajjan G. Shiva
- PhD in Electrical/ Computer Engineering, Auburn University, 1975.
- M.E.E. in Electrical/ Computer Engineering, Auburn University, 1971.
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Bangalore University, 1969.
What subject you teach at SSU ?
- Life FELLOW of IEEE (1993, for contributions to Computer Science and Engineering Education)
- Life Member of ACM
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
- IEEE Computer Society Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
Game Theoretic Cyber Security and Secure Software Engineering
- Dr. Shiva has consulted with industry and government organizations in the areas of software engineering, computer architecture, artificial intelligence, and expert systems.
- He has received Research Funding from NSF, NASA, U.S. Department of Defense, and ONR.
- Conducted research in the area of Computer Aided Design (CAD) of digital filters under an NSF grant. The CAD tools developed as a result of this activity, allow the implementation of a high order digital filter as either a cascade or a parallel interconnection of second order modules (i.e. DSP structures).
- Initiated research on HDLs and automatic synthesis under a NASA grant. This research resulted in the first comprehensive comparison of about 45 HDLs then proposed and an HDL selection methodology.
- Principal Investigator: “Evaluation of Digital System Design Languages,” NASA Grant NSG-8057, October 1977 – September 1978. Conducted a survey and comparison of HDLs to select an appropriate language to be interfaced to NASA’s Computer Aided Design and Test (CADAT) system.