Dr. Tirthankar Ghosh
- B.Sc (Hons. in Physiology): University of Calcutta
- M.Sc (Human Physiology): University of Calcutta
- Ph.D. (Physiology, Spl. In Ergonomics): University of Calcutta
- NEBOSH IGC
- IOSH Managing Safely
- HABC Level 2 (Fire Safety)
What subject you teach at SSU ?
Best Medical Faculty award at Maitri College of Dentistry (2015—16 Academic Year), Durg, Chhattisgarh.
Best research paper award at International Ergonomics Conference (HWWE 2009), Department of Physiology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India, December 17-20, 2009.
Scholarship for Attending Workshop On Ergonomics Methodology and The International Ergonomics Conference (HWWE 2005) At Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati on 9th – 12th Dec 2005.
Scholarship for Attending Five Evening training Programme on Ergonomics, Occupational Health & Safety at Work (2004), Academic Staff College, University of Calcutta & Indian Society of Ergonomics, Calcutta.
National Scholarship (Certificate of Merit) For the Year 2002 for Securing High Position in the B.Sc (Hons.) Examination.
• Work Physiology
• Occupational Health
• Disorders Management
• Work Stress Management
• Intervention Design
• Having more than fourteen years of experiences in various Medical Colleges of India, China, and Nepal as a teaching Faculty and Academic Administrator.
• Continuing research in Occupational Ergonomics/ Design, and professional service activities as an Occupational Safety and Health Consultant / Trainer for various Industries like Refinery, Corporate Office, Paint Factory, Heavy Engineering, Construction Company, Food Processing Industry and Health Care Sectors etc.
• Presented more than twenty research topic in various National and International Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
• Organizing Convener: “Seminar on Ergonomics & Safety at Work” at Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal. (13th & 14th Nov 2009)
• Organizing Member: International Conference on HIV / AIDS in Nepal – 2010. (3rd & 4th Sep 2010)
• Organizing Member: National workshop on laboratory based surveillance of antimicrobial resistance and Application of WHONET in Laboratory Data Management. (12th sep – 16th Sep 2011)
• Organizing Secretary:” Workshop on Research Methodology for Bio – Medical Sciences” on 12th & 13th April, 2014, in Durg, Chhattisgarh.
• Organizing Secretary: “National Conference on Occupational Respiratory Disorders” on 21st & 22nd April, 2017, in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
1. Original Article: S. Gangopadhyay, T. Das, G. Ghoshal and T Ghosh. Work organization in sand core manufacturing for health and productivity. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, (2006) 36:10. 915-920. (USA) [doi:10.1016/j.ergon.2006.06.011]
2. Original Article: Tirthankar Ghosh and Sangita Barman. Respiratory Problems of The Workers Engaged In Zarda Making Industry In Kolkata, India. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics (JOSE), (2007) vol.13, No.1, pp 91-96. (Poland) [PMID : 17362662]
3. Original Article: S. Gangopadhyay, T Ghosh, T. Das, G. Ghoshal and B.Das. Prevalence of Upper Limb Musculo Skeletal Disorders among the Brass Metal Workers in West Bengal, India. International Journal of Industrial Health, (2007) Vol. 45(2), pp 365 – 370 (Japan). [PMID : 17485885}
4. Original Article: Somnath Gangopadhyay, Tirthankar Ghosh, Tamal Das, Goutam Ghoshal and Banibrata Das. Impact of Injuries on Work Performance among the Surgical Blacksmiths of West Bengal. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion (2007), Vol. 14(2), pp 85 – 92. (UK) [PMID : 17510844
5. Original Article: Somnath Gangopadhyay, Banibrata Das, Goutam Ghoshal, Tamal Das,Tirthankar Ghosh, Ramjyoti Ganguly and Kshinangsu Samanto. The prevalence of musculo skeletal disorder (MSD) among the prawn seed collectors of Sunderbans. Journal of Human Ergology, 2008 Dec; 37(2):83-90. (Tokyo, Japan). [PMID : 19227195]
6. Original Article: Somnath Gangopadhyay, Banibrata Das, Tamal Das, Goutam Ghoshal, Tirthankar Ghosh, Tarannum Ara, Samrat Dev. Ergonomics study on Musculoskeletal Disorders among female agricultural workers of West Bengal, India. Ergonomics SA, 2009, 21 (1): 11 – 22 (South Africa).
7. Original Article: Somnath Gangopadhyay, Tirthankar Ghosh, Tamal Das, Goutam Ghoshal and Banibrata Das. Effect of Working Posture on Occurrence of Musculoskeletal Disorders among the Sand Core Making Workers of West Bengal, Central European Journal of Public Health. 2010; 18 (1): 44–48 (Prague, Czech Republic). [PMID : 20586229]
8. Original Article: Somnath Gangopadhyay, Banibrata Das, Tamal Das, Goutam Ghoshal, Tirthankar Ghosh. An Ergonomic Study on Posture Related Discomfort and Occupational Related Disorders among Stone Cutters of West Bengal, India. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics (JOSE), (2010) Vol. 16, No. 1, pp 85 – 95. (Poland) [PMID: 20331920]
9. Original Article: Banibrata Das, Tirthankar Ghosh and Somnath Gangopadhyay. A Comparative Study of Physical Fitness Index (PFI) and Predicted Maximum Aerobic Capacity (VO2 Max) Among the Different Groups of Female Students In West Bengal, India. International Journal of Applied Sports Science, (2010) Vol. 22, No. 1/30. June 13-23(Korea)
10. Original Article: Tirthankar Ghosh, Banibrata Das and Somnath Gangopadhyay. Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorder: An Occupational Disorder of the Goldsmiths in India. Indian Journal of Community Medicine, (2010) Vol. 35, Issue 2, April, pp 320 – 324 (India).[PMID:20922116]
11. Original Article: Banibrata Das, Tirthankar Ghosh. Assessment of Ergonomical and Occupational Health Related Problems among VDT Workers of West Bengal, India. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences 1 (2010) 26-31 (DOI: 10.3126/ajms.v1i2.2992)
12. Original Article: Banibrata Das, Tirthankar Ghosh and Somnath Gangopadhyay. Peak Expiratory Flow Rate among Child Labourers in West Bengal, India. Indian Pediatrics, Volume 48 June 17, 2011. 487 -488. (India). [PMID:21743117]
13. Original Article: Tirthankar Ghosh, Banibrata Das and Somnath Gangopadhyay. A Comparative Ergonomic Study of Work-Related Upper Extremity Musculoskeletal Disorder among the Unskilled and Skilled Surgical Blacksmiths in West Bengal, India. Indian Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, (2011) vol 15(3). 133 – 138 (India).[PMID:22412291]
14. Original Article: Tirthankar Ghosh, Banibrata Das and Somnath Gangopadhyay. ‘A Study on Factors of Dissatisfaction and Stress of the Blacksmiths Resulting due to the Organizational Culture in Surgical Instrument Industry of India.’ Industrial Psychiatry. Jul-Dec 2011.Vol 20.Issue 2, pp 124 – 130. [PMC3530282]
15. Original Article: Tirthankar Ghosh and S. Gangopadhyay. Effect of an ergonomic intervention on muscle fatigue and respiratory stress of goldsmith’s during blowing pipe activity in India. Work. 2012. 1;43(4):427-35. (USA). [PMID: 22976167]
16. Original Article Banibrata Das, Tirihankar Ghosh and Somnath Gangopadhyay .Assessment of Ergonomic and Occupational Health Related Problem Among the Female Prawn Seed Collectors of Sunderban, West Bengal, India. JOSE. 2012, Vol. 18, No. 4: pp 3 – 12. (Poland) [PMID: 23294657]
17. Original Article :Jaita Mondal, Tirthankar Ghosh, Sandhya Shrestha, Anita Gurung, Poonam Gurung, Sophiya Lama, Shirak Ashriti Malla. Delayed Onset of Puberty among Nepali Adolescents. International Journal of Nursing Care, January-June., 2013, Vol.1, No. 1; 30 -32 (DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/j.2320-8651.1.1.007)
18. Original Article Banibrata Das, Tirthankar Ghosh, Somnath Gangopadhyay. Child Work in Agriculture in West Bengal, India: Assessment of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Occupational Health Problems. Journal of Occupational Health (Japan), 2013; 55 (4) 244-258 [PMID: 23748207]
19. Original Article Banibrata Das, Tirthankar Ghosh and Somnath Gangopadhyay. Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Disorder and Occupational Health Problem among Groundnut Farmers of West Bengal, India. Journal of Human Ergology (Tokyo) Vol. 42: 1-12, 2013
20. Editorial Tirthankar Ghosh, Editorial: Occupational Health and Hazards among Health Care Workers. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health. Vol 3, No 1 (2013) 1- 4. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/ijosh.v3i1.9096)
21. Original Article Tirthankar Ghosh, Banibrata Das and Somnath Gangopadhyay. Prevalence of Respiratory Symptoms and Disorders among Rice Mill Workers in Karnataka, India: Environ Health Prev Med. 2014 May;19(3):226-33.. [PMID: 24609959 / PMCID: PMC4019758]
22. Original Article Jaita Mondal Ghosh, Tirthankar Ghosh. NSI: Knowledge & Practice among Healthcare Workers. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development; 2015, Volume : 6, Issue : 3 pp 4 -8. (DOI : 10.5958/0976-5506.2015.00128.X)
23. Original Article Tirthankar Ghosh. Assessment of Postural effect on Work Related Musculoskeletal Disorders and Back Muscle Fatigue among the Goldsmiths of India. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Health, Vol 5 No 2 (2015) 16 – 22. (http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/ijosh.v5i2.17958)
24. Editorial Tirthankar Ghosh, Occupational Respiratory Disorders & Ergonomic Intervention in Indian Unorganized Sector. International Journal of Nursing Research and Practice; Vol. 4 No. 1 (2016July—December) 1 -4