Entrepreneurship Development at ssu
- SSU has a dedicated programme i.e. MBA-Entrepreneurship, a two years full time programme approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. We have adequate number of faculty members to mentor startups in the areas of design thinking, entrepreneurship finance, marketing, IT, human resource management, operations, etc.
- Adequate number of faculties from various industries, with rich experience to mentor Startups.
- SSU has a four years BSc (Agriculture) and BSc (Horticulture) programme and has adequate resources to mentor Startups in Agri and Food Processing sector. We have faculty members in the areas of Agronomy, Entomology. Plant Pathology, Horticulture, Soil Science, Plant Breeding, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Extension, etc to mentor agri and allied startups.
- Dedicated laboratory support for Startups in Agriculture and Food Processing
- Access to more than 20 sector specific mentors in India
- Access to Venture Capitalists, Angels and Seed funding agencies to support Startups
- SSU is shortlisted as a nodal centre for AIC RAISE Programme and SSU has tied up with different ecosystem partners such as; Million Minds, Ambuja Neotia, Samunnati Financial Intermediation and Services Private Limited, Google Business Group Europe, Lexmantra, Startup India for mentoring, networking, legal and funding support for Startups in Odisha
- Patent Facilitation Centre: SSU has an IP cell consists of committee of members from various faculties having knowledge on IP. Awareness/training programs are conducted by inviting resource persons from various sectors. Patent Facilitation Center provides guidance to aspiring & budding entrepreneurs by the faculty members trained in entrepreneurship. Six of our incubated startups have filed patent through our support.
- SSU has access to Central Horticulture Experiment Station (CHES) Bhubaneswar, Central Tuber Crop Research Institute (CTCRI), National Rice Research Institute (NRRI), Regional Plant Resource Centre (RPRC) for technology and mentoring support.