MASTER OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS (M.P.E.S)
- Physical Education is normally referred to as the science that aims to develop all-inclusive aspects of human personality through physical and sports activities. Physical education is a multidisciplinary subject that cannot be studied in seclusion under the scope of one or two subjects.
- The scope of Physical Education as a subject is very broad. It caters to the need for developing the capability of the students on physical, mental, and social aspects. Physical education also aims to develop activity as an alternate and prophylactic medicine. The key areas of study within Physical Education are ‘Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology, Sports Sociology, Sports Management, Sports Journalism, Kinesiology- Biomechanics, Sports Training, Sports Medicine, Kinanthropometry, etc.
- The degree program in Physical Education covers topics that overlap with the areas outlined above and that address the interfaces of Physical Education with other subjects such as Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Management, Sociology along with training pedagogy employed for enhancing the functional status of individuals with varied needs. As a part of the effort, to enhance the employability of graduates of Physical Education, programs include learning experiences that offer opportunities in various spheres of human existence.
- The aim of the course is to excel in sports culture which promotes an inescapable spiritual and ethical dimension that exists within sports and sportspersons.
Course Details (M.P.E.S)
The M.P.E.S. The program is for two years. Each academic year shall comprise of two semesters’ viz. Odd and Even semesters.
- The total program consists of 96 credits equally divided into 24 credits per semester.
- There would be different elective areas of specialization as per the syllabus of the respective subject.
- The program consists of the following types of courses :
- Core courses: common for all optional specialization groups.
- Elective course: separate for all optional specialization groups.
- Practical Courses
The salient features are :
- Learning Outcome-based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) & Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) guidelines.
- Advanced Experimental and Computational Labs.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Holistic and pedagogical teaching-learning process.
- Extra-curricular activities.
A student with a degree in M.P.E.S has access to different types of job profiles and opportunities, some of them have been mentioned below:
- Govt Schools / Private Schools As Pt Teacher
- Govt Colleges / Private Colleges As Faculty/ Trainer
- Gyms And Fitness Centers
- Sports Franchises
- Sports Clubs
COURSE FACT SHEET
45% marks in B.P.E.S, B.P.Ed.
B.Sc (Health & Physical Education) .