Mr. Ratikant Mohapatra
Masters in Odissi Dance from Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
Documentation through video & audio recording of eminent Guru/Dancers/Scholar’s experience and achievements in Odissi dance & Music, other classical art forms and research on evolution of Pakhawaj-playing originating with the traditional folk forms to the classical Odissi dance.
1) Choreographed Traditional group Odissi dance bringing 555 Dancers together in one platform for the Guinness Book of World Records..
2) Dance choreography (commercial & classical) for national & regional television network..
3) Acted in “Kedar Gouri” serial for national television (DD-1).
4) Choreographed Odissi dance sequences for an Indo–Chinese film “The Desire”
1) Honoured with the National Award “Pride of India” by Chinta-O-Chetna, Bhubaneswar 2004.
2) Received the prestigious award : Rashtriya Raja Mansingh Tomar Award for Srijan by the Govt. of Madhya Pradesh for the year 2011-2012..
3) Honored with prestigious “Sangeet Natak Akademi Puruskar”, Govt. of India, New Delhi for Odissi Dance for the year 2016..
4) Barabati Nrutyotsav (National Festival of Dance & Music), Cuttack, awarded “Honour of Adore” for the best performance in Dashanana ballet in 2003..
5) Honoured by Indian Performing Arts Promotion Inc., Washington Dc, USA for the valued contribution in Odissi dance in 2003..
6) Honoured with “Nrutya Bhushan” by International Dance & Theatre Festival 2005 at Cuttack..
7) Honoured with “Nritya Shiromani” by Utkal Yuva Sanskrutik Sangh at Cuttack, 2010..
8) Honoured with “Nrutya Bharati Samman 2010” by Sangeet Sudhakar Smruti Sansad at Bhubaneswar, 2011.
9) Honored with “IDC Award of Excellence-2012” by International Dance Congress, Bhubaneswar..
10) Honored with “SKGS Diamond Jubilee “Nritya Choodamani 2014” by Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, Chennai.
11) Honored with “Bimohan Kala Samman” 2019 by Bharat Bimohan Creative, Bhubaneswar.