Ms. Rashmi Misra
- Bachelor of Science in Home Science from College of Home Science, Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology in 2017
- Master in Science in Home Science with Specialization in“Food and Nutrition” from College of Community Science, Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology in 2019
- Completed PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application) in May, 2015 from
Broad Current Research Interest:
- Food Science and Nutrition.
- Post-Harvest Technology and food processing.
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition and Public Health
- Has received OUAT Merit Scholarship (UG) of an amount of 6000/- per annum from 2013 to 2017.
- Has received OUAT Merit Scholarship (PG) of an amount of 18,000/- per annum from 2017 to 2019.
- Qualified UGC NET and ICAR NET in December 2019.
Research project grants:
Research Project Title: “RKVY Nutri-smart Project for combating malnutrition in 7 tribal districts (Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Koraput, Malkangiri, Rayagada, Gajapati and Nuapada) of Odisha”.
Duration: – 2017 to 2020
Funding Agency: – RKVY
Year of Grant- 2017
- Misra R, Jena D, Nanda S, DevadarshiniC (2020) Nutritional status of pregnant and lactating women of Rayagada district. International Journal of Advanced Research and Development.5(2): 09-11. (Peer Reviewed Journal)
- Misra R, Jena D, Nanda S (2020) Social taboos and superstitions in food consumption during pre- and post-natal period of tribal women in Rayagada district.The Pharma Innovation Journal. 9(7): 514-517. (NAAS Rated Journal)
- Misra R, Jena D, Nanda S, Devadarshini C (2021) A Cross- Sectional Study on Food Consumption Pattern of Tribal Women of Rayagada District.International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research.1(2): 08-11.(Peer Reviewed Journal)
Misra,R, Dakua, A (2021) Prevalence of Malnutrition and Associated factors among Under Five Children in India and World. Vigyan Varta, An International E- Magazine for Science Enthusiasts,Volume. 2, no. 8, pp. 01-03.
Participation in symposia/conferences/workshops:
- Completed in plant training programme in M.S Swaminathan Research Foundation, Jeypore for 51 days (9th Feb-31st March, 2017) during my Graduation period.
- Attended a winter nature camp in Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhubaneswar for 2 days (20-21st Dec, 2017).
- Attended a skill development training programme on Coconut based convenience foods held from 4th to 7th Dec, 2017 jointly organized by Coconut Development Board, State Centre, Odisha andCollege of Community Science, OUAT, Bhubaneswar.
- Participated in “Obesity Conclave 2018” on 14th October, 2018 organised by Charm, an ISO 9000-2015 Certified Wellness Clinic.
- Attended a National seminar on “Science for Society “on 20th Odisha Bigyan “O” Paribesh Congress for 2 days (17th to 18th Nov, 2018) in NISER Campus, Jatni, and Khordha.
Other professional contribution: Identify important scholarly activities- attendance in webinars:
- Attended in the Webinar on “Mushroom Farming: An aid to Farm Economics” organized by Centre for Agriculture Production (CAP), Centurian University of Technology and Management (CUTM), Odisha in collaboration with APICOL, Odisha on 18th May,2021.
- Attended a webinar organized by FOS (Faculty of Science, Sri Sri University) in association with the Science Club on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day on 28th July, 2021.
- Attended a webinar on “Environment Friendly Healthcare Facilities- Past, Present and Future” jointly organized by ASSOCHAM GEM Green Building Council (UP Chapter) in collaboration with Sri Sri University, Cuttack, Odisha on 30th July, 2021.
- Participated in a 3 Day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Leadership and Spirituality in Disaster Risk Management” jointly organized by Sri Sri University, Cuttack, Odisha and National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) from 2th to 4th August, 2021.
- Participated in a National webinar on “Recent Advances in Production Technology and Value Addition of Coconut” organized by All India Coordinated Research Project (Palm), Regional Horticultural Research Station (RHRS), ASPEE College of Horticulture and Forestry and Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari, Gujarat on 9th August, 2021.
Professional affiliations: Memberships in professional bodies:
Life Membership in Home Science Association of India.
Research Assistant: X-Security Services Private Limited.
- UGC Net & ICAR Net – 2019 Qualified
- Second topper in UG & Topper (1st) in PG in College of community Science, OUAT, BBSR
- I had received OUAT Merit scholarship during UG (4 Yrs) & PG (2 Yrs)
Ms Rashmi Misra says:
Teaching is not just a job or profession for me rather it is my passion and my dream, I always wanted to be a teacher in my concerned subject (Food, Nutrition). when i got to know about the recruitment of SSU in Food, Nutrition dept.
I immediately applied with a hope to achieve my dream job. SSU is not just an educational institution but also a spiritual eco friendly and peace loving organisation, as I am a vegetarian & spiritual person this organisation attracted me and my inner soul motivated me to be a part of this great academic institution. I feel blessed and happy to be a part of the SSU family. Thank you so much for choosing me as a member of your family.