The first of its kind in India, this programme focuses on equipping students with tools for analysis and development of public policy.
The objectives of this department is to nurture students to become ethically sound, political, educational, and social leaders who can influence policy towards good governance.
Accountability, transparency, inclusiveness, equitability, sustainable development etc. are key tenets of good governance nurtured among the students as part of their course curriculum,
Some of the capstone initiatives include organizing various seminars and workshops time to time to come together for deliberations and chalking futuristic insights.
- Embeds a unique approach to classroom teaching and labs like job shadowing, policy analysis, and field visits etc.
- Students are taken out to visit the parliament, secretariat and watch LIVE sessions in the legislative assembly.
- Students are taken out to villages to generate reports which provide them deep and futuristic insights.
- Interdisciplinary curriculum
- Aims to train young professionals and public leaders to implement transparent, efficient and democratic governance based on the rule of law and social justice.
- Specialization in one of three: POLITICAL GOVERNANCE, ADMINISTRATIVE GOVERNANCE OR NGO, AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
The two year Masters programme has been divided into 4 semesters with a summer internship programme in the second year apart from the core and elective papers based upon the choice of specialization.