RECENT BLOG ARTICLES
Five Ways to Manage Your Phone-Time
Mar 06, 2019
By: Student Contributor, University Blog Team
Is the phone the first thing you reach for the moment you wake up in the morning and you retire for the day? Do you find it difficult to just be with yourself doing practically nothing, away from the hullaballoo of the social networking sites? If you find this situation relatable, there is need to worry. It may be noted, however, there are millions of others who are in the same plate!
With your mind bombarded with content, it remains filled with impressions, ideas, views and you lose the power of individual thought. The situation is grave as creativity is losing ground. There is so much to catch on to that the fear of missing out looms large. In the digital age, you cannot be alien to the social game but certainly can decide how much is not too much.
Here we will list the reasons on ways to manage your ‘phone-time’:
- Play a sport : This might sound like an advice you gave a deaf ear to in your growing years, but its relevance cannot be ignored. There cannot be a better way to channelize the energy in a positive direction. Playing a sport not only is immensely beneficial for your physical well-being but is an extremely useful exercise for keeping the mind engaged. If you start enjoying the sport you play, you will definitely restrict your phone-time for the same.
- Meditate : As cliché, it might sound, take a few minutes to sit with your eyes closed and you will witness a change in thoughts. Firstly, meditation will allow you to enjoy some ‘me-time’ and also regular practice will improve your creative skills further.
- Extra-curricular activities : In your time away from studies, or professional commitments, there should definitely be something that you enjoy doing and devoting time to. It might be a jam-session with friends or just working on a new idea or a subject that interests you, these moments will allow you to keep your attention diverted. Be part of events in your universities or workplace for the energy to get channelized in a positive direction.
- Connect to Nature : When was the last time you took a walk without your phone in hand? It is a rather tough question to answer. Take some time off, go for a walk or jog and try to connect with the real world. The calmness, the greenery will help you switch off from the constant information that your mind consumes through social media and the like. The need for greenery is not a hyped concept.
- Serve : Devote time into doing something for others. Use your expertise and initiate or be part of some service projects, this will keep help you to utilise your time fruitfully.
These are a few ways that will help you not be a slave to the cell-phone and rather give your mind the ‘Breathing-space’!