To inculcate the entrepreneurial spirit among the students, Sri Sri University has started a center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation namely ‘SRINOVATION’ with all required infrastructure.
The center regularly organizes meetings and seminars with various industry officials and successful entrepreneurs.
The University has a tie-up with the National Innovation Foundation (A Wadwani group) to create awareness among the students on entrepreneurship. The University has also tied up with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India to offer courses on Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Entrepreneurship.
For the last two years, Sri Sri University has been organizing five days workshops on “Product and Process innovation” with Ms. Gayathri Gopal an alumnus of Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore.
These collaborations and workshops have been significant in uplifting the entrepreneurial zeal among the vast diverse set of students.
The campus witnesses a buzzing crowd ranging from freshers to experienced professionals with as much as 10 years of work experience. The University has been able to attract students from premier colleges including IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Indore, Thapar University, St. Xavier’s, and Manchester University.
This unique pool of talents has made the University proud by participating in various competitive events of premier B Schools like IIM–Calcutta, IIFT – Kolkata, Start Weekend at XIMB University, IMIS and ASBM, and Bhubaneswar.
Some of the achievements of our students are:
- Three students from the second batch (2013-2015) of the Department of Management completed their summer internship with the WFEB’s organizing committee for the 1st World Summit on Ethics in Sports which will be held at the FIFA Headquarters in Zurich.
- Rohan Jain (MBA: 2012-14) represented Sri Sri University at the “International Leadership Symposium” held at the European Parliament, Brussels organized by the World Youth Forum for Ethics in Business.
- ASBM Business Incubator Centre organized ‘Womenprenuership’ on the occasion of Women’s Day in which Ms. Shobhita Indrakanti, 1st year MBA bagged the Best Startup Award – Service. The startup idea propositions on this occasion were taken for venture funding support from MSME, Govt. of India, New Delhi through further workshops.
- The students (2014-16 batch) of Sri Sri University started the following ventures:
- Limitless circle: Incubates of NASSCOM 10000 and successfully covered seed-stage and is now at an early stage. They have received Rs. 30 lakhs assistance from NASSCOM.
- 19 Farms: Deals with organic agriculture products
- Potted: Customised pots for indoor plants
- Innocraft: Customised handicraft products for corporates
- Stellar Grid: Consumerisation of Solar Energy
- Sri Sri Embark: Trading of agriculture products
1. Google Developer Groups – Sri Sri University
The students of Sri Sri University also have presented their ideas to the Google Developer Groups (GDG).
Concepts like google hoodie, kinship glasses, google article, google specter, spot-on, google currency, google Ville, and Go arts are some of the ideas which received a maximum inquiry from investors all around the world.
2. Startup Forerunner
Entrepreneurship Event “Startup Forerunner” was organized by Srinovation (Entrepreneurship Club of Sri Sri University) on 25th & 26th Feb 2017 in collaboration with the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
The event was graced by a distinguished panel of Mentors who guided the startup ideas:-
- Dr. Natabar Rout, CEO, ARVI INNOVATION
- Mr. C Chandra Shekhar, Founder & MD, COROMENDAL ENGG CO.
- Mr. Sanjay Mohanty, MD, Mayifind.com
- Dr. Srimoy Patra, Founder, Multi-Vision
- Mr. Mukteshwar Patra, Co-founder & MD, Tanvi Consultant Pvt Ltd
- Mr. Debasis Sahoo, Founder & CEO, Playbook Consultancy
- CA Rakesh K Gupta, PARTNER, SPP Associates
- Mr. Anil Mishra, Director Marketing, Ciginiti Technologies
- Mr. Pritam Mishra, Cofounder, Travdots.com
- Mr. Ayush Aggarwal, Founder, Lecturenotes.in
- Dr. K.C MISHRA, Founder, eKutir
- Mr. Swayam Baral, Director, Canyon Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Ambika Nanda, CSR Head, TATA STEEL
- Mr. Avelo Roy, Founder & CEO, Kolkata Ventures
- Mr. Manoranjan Mishra, Executive Engineer, Odisha State Road Project
- Srinovation (ED Cell of SSU) organized a one day workshop on the “Impact of GST on MSME & Startups” on 18th August 2017 at 10 AM.
The following people were invited as a resource person to the event:-
- Shri Saswat Mishra, IAS, Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Old Secretariat Campus, Banijya Kar Bhawan, Cuttack, Odisha
- Anand Sathpathy, Additional Commissioner
- Deepankar Sahoo, Deputy Commissioner
- CA Rashmi Ranjan Mishra, Chairman, East India Chartered Accountant Association
- Srinovation (ED Cell of SSU) organized a Seminar (Interact, Learn & Implement) on 8th Sep 2017. The Seminar was addressed by Mr. Aditya Poddar, CEO & Founder, TYGR App.
Structure of the Seminar :
- Product Prototyping
- Networking & Building Partnerships
- Managing Multi-location Operations
- Need of having a technological advantage
- Srinovation Club of Sri Sri University in association with Tie Bhubaneswar organized a workshop named “Business Plan Generation” on 10th Nov 2017. Mr.Bijoy Mishra, CGM of BSNL Telecom Odisha region was an important panelist who spilled important tools for the budding entrepreneurs of the campus.