- Admission Procedure 2019-20
This admission prospectus is valid for Sri Sri University, Cuttack, Odisha. The instructions and details related to admissions are given below. Do read these carefully.
Application for admission 2019-2020 is open w.e.f 19th October 2018.
01.Procurement of prospectus along with the application form
- The application form is available only through online mode. Please visit the university website srisriuniversity.edu.in
- The cost of the application form/prospectus is Rs.1200/- and an additional of Rs.150/- as postal charges to courier at the respective address and 50 USD for International Applicants (Only E-Prospectus)
- Selection of the Program
Sri Sri University offers a wide range of academic programs to suit your aptitude and interests
Annexure-1(A)- lists of all academic programs offered along with eligibility criteria & selection procedure
Annexure(B)-Fee Structure & No. of Seats
3.Completion & Submission of the Application Form
3.1 The online Application Form is to be filled and submitted online as per the instructions on the university website www.srisriuniversity.edu.in
3.2 Fill the Application Form only if you meet the eligibility criteria** for admission to the program.
3.3 The instructions in the application form are self-explanatory. Please follow carefully.
3.4 Fill all columns with complete and correct information after going through the prospectus. Incomplete/false/wrong information will result in rejection of the application.
3.5 It is mandatory to provide your email address and mobile number in the space provided in the application form as it will be used by the admission office for communication related to your admission.
3.6 If you have appeared in a qualifying examination and the result is awaited, you can apply provisionally and go through admission process at your own risk.
3.7 If applying for more than one course, separate forms should be filled for each course. However, the cost for subsequent forms will be charged only Rs.500/-
4.Procedure for Admission
4.1 On submission of duly filled application form, you will receive the acknowledgement Email.
4.2 Eligible candidates will additionally be informed via email about the date, time and venue of selection process (interview and/ or written test and/or group discussion and/or direct admission) within 10 working days.
4.3 All selected candidates will be intimated via email regarding the fee details and documents to be uploaded through the provisional offer letter along with the due date. Based on this, provisional admission will be granted.
4.4 Final admission will be granted after the verification of required documents and payment of complete 1st semester fees.
** The Minimum eligibility criteria for different program (for Indian Students) are as prescribed in the appropriate sections as well as Annexure1. Refer Annexure 3 for “Admission Procedures for Foreign/NRI Students”
- Candidates awaiting their result are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, however, must produce the mark sheet/ degree certificate as the proof of fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria on or before 1st September 2019 falling which provisional admission, if granted, will be cancelled.
- Age Limit:
a) For Undergraduate Programs, age as on July 1st 2019, should not be over 21 years of age.
b) For Post Graduate Programs, there is no age limit prescribed. However, the candidates above the age of 35 years, will be considered for admissions based on the decision of the respective department and admissions committee.
- Provisional Admission:
- All the students who apply and/or qualify the selection criteria are sent the provisional offer letter.
- The applicant on receiving the offer letter, needs to pay 50% of the 1st semester tuition fee and upload the mandatory documents.
- On confirmation of all the documents and eligibility, payment of fees and any other criteria of admission as stated by the university, final admission is granted.
- The Provisional Admission is valid only till 31st July 2019. No cancellation/refund will be done after this date.
- Late Admissions:
Application for Admission will not be entertained after the last date of admission. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, university may allow late admission.
Because of the exceptionality of circumstances,
- Application for refund for such admission will not be entertained
- Such admission will not have any bearing on the last date of refund for admissions announced in respect of admissions done before the last date of admission.
All students are required to report/join the university as per the schedule for the start of the session.
However, if a student joins late, then the following guidelines may be used unless otherwise specified:
Applicants admitted before the Reporting Date:
- If the admitted student reports within one week of the reporting date for the concerned program, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.500 and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept.
- If the admitted student reports between one to two weeks after the reporting date of the concerned program then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.1000 and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept.
- If the admitted student reports between two-three weeks after the reporting date of the concerned program then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.1500 and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept.
- If the admitted student reports after three weeks from the date of reporting of the concerned program but before the last date by which late admission can be considered, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.2000 and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept and the Dean of the concerned Dept.
- Applicants admitted after the reporting date (but before the last date of admission)
If the applicant reports after the reporting date but before the last date of admissions, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining.
- Applicants admitted after the last date of admission
- a) If the applicant reports within one week, after the last date of admissions, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining.
- b) If the applicant reports between one to two weeks after the last date of admissions, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.1000 and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept.
- c) If the admitted student reports after two weeks after the reporting date of the concerned program then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.2000 and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept and Dean of the concerned dept.
- The last date for considering late admissions is the date prescribed in such a way that, after such date, student may not be able to fulfil attendance criteria after due consideration of all the classes to be conducted for that term.
- Students may be allowed to report/join the university late as per the details and timelines mentioned above, however, the minimum attendance required to be maintained will remain the same, and no relaxation in lieu of late joining will be provided.
- Further, no compensation for the loss of continuous assessment will be allowed to late joining students.
- Change of Program:
- Any applicant who wishes to change the program or specialization from one program to another will have to fill the Program transfer form (Obtained from the Admissions Office or download from website) and deposit the form along with the program transfer fee of Rs.500 (or 20 USD). This applies to both cases:
- Before the start of the session
- After the start of the session
- Please Note: The requested change/transfer will be purely based at the discretion of the University subject to:
- Seat availability in the program to which transfer is applied
- Fulfilment of eligibility and other admission requirements
- Any other condition prescribed by the university.
- The change of program application must be submitted within 15 days from the last date of admissions
- Those applicants whose program transfer is accepted by the university will be liable to pay the tuition fee and other charges as prescribed by the university.
- Incase the student is allowed to transfer to a program with lesser fee, the balance will be adjusted in the fee of next term
- If the program transfer is done after the start of the session, no compensation for loss of attendance or for any component will be given.
- Lateral Admissions:
- This is applicable for those students who wish to take admission in the second year of any of the programs offered in the university. Admission for any subsequent years will not be allowed.
- The applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant must be from a recognized university
- The syllabus/curricula of the program, the applicant is studying should match with our university syllabus/curricula.
- The applicant should have passed the 1st year of the program he/she is studying and wishes to seek admission in Sri Sri university for the second year
- The applicant should be eligible as per the criteria stated by the University.
- The applicant must submit all the mandatory documents as mentioned by the university for seeking admission.
- Admission will be granted only if seats are available in the program the applicant wishes to get enrolled in and if he/she fulfils all the necessary criteria stated above.
- If admission is granted, the applicant is liable to pay the fees as per the fees of the second year of that program.
Process of Admission
- The applicant needs to fill the lateral admission form (available with the admission office or download from the website)
- Submit the form and upload all the mandatory documents
- On verifying the eligibility and all the documents, the admission confirmation letter will be sent to the student
- General Guidelines regarding Admission:
- Candidates placed in compartment are not eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
- Admission to any of the program is purely based on merit.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any advertised program due to insufficient enrollments or for any other reason beyond its control. In such an eventuality, full fee shall be refunded to the student.
- The admission will be considered final only when the student has met the norms of eligibility criteria. The onus of meeting the criteria is sole responsibility of the student. The admission of a student will stand cancelled at any point of time during time of registration with the University, if the student is found not meeting the criteria and where the student has not submitted the relevant documents.
- University reserves the right to itself to offer any or all of the program electives/specialization electives. Electives thus offered may be based on the number of students who opt for such elective and will be offered at the sole discretion of the university.
The university gives relaxation of 5% in the eligibility criteria of all courses for students belonging to SC/ST and OBC-Non creamy layer category(of their respective state) as well as for physically handicapped and Kashmiri migrants. The applicants who belong to any of these category who want to avail the relaxation, needs to submit the relevant documents as proof.
- In case of any matter not covered herein and/or for interpretation of any content herein, the decision of the competent authority of the university shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- Commencement of Admissions:
The commencement of Final Admissions begins from 1st May 2019 onwards.
Steps for Final Admissions:
- This process begins once you have all the mandatory documents (mentioned in annexure) ready with you.
- Upload all the mentioned documents in the login portal created by you.
- Pay the complete first semester fees and upload the receipts
Once your documents are received and found valid, the Admissions Confirmation letter will be sent to you with details of the reporting on campus, Induction program timetable and commencement schedule.
Last Date of Admission: The last date of Admissions is July 31st 2019
- Induction Program:
When new students enter a University or an institution, they come with diverse thoughts, backgrounds and preparations. It is important to help them adjust to the new environment and inculcate in them the ethos of the university with a sense of larger purpose. Familiarization of the University culture, setting a healthy daily routine, creating bond in the batch as well as between faculty and students, developing awareness, sensitivity and understanding of the self, people around them, society at large, and nature and along with this revising the basics or foundations of their respective subjects is the purpose of the induction.
The 10 day long induction of the Undergraduates and 15 day long induction of the post graduate contains the Art of Living’s Happiness Program for the Youth which is specifically designed to accelerate personal all-round excellence intends to draw forth clarity in observation, perception and expression..The programme has a world record in increasing the ‘Happiness Quotient’ irrespective of any caste, creed or religion.
The Sudarshan Kriya® , a powerful, rhythmic breathing technique taught in the Happiness Program aids in mental clarity, eases the build-up of emotions and uplifts one spiritually. Every new entrant to the university undergoes through the Happiness Program as an integral part of the curriculum. It is a smooth blend of ancient wisdom, yoga, pranayama (breath control), meditation and fused with contemporary intellectual exchanges..
Along with this, the induction program also includes workshop in communication, excel, dance, creative arts, mind management along with training for domain expertise.
The induction also familiarizes the students with the vision of the University, the various departments, local places of interest, facilities offered in the university, the parent organization “Art of Living” and to their seniors/alumni and faculties!
It is a mandatory for all students to attend the induction program.
Reporting on Campus!
Once the student receives the final admission letter, the student is all set to report on Campus!
All the required information about the campus life, weather condition, local transport, contacts, dress code, important things to bring along will be sent via email to all finally admitted students.
Students are required to bring all their original certificates and mark-sheets, the fee payment receipts and the final admission confirmation letter at the time of reporting.
The Reporting schedule is as follows :-
(Please note, that this schedule is subject to change. The changed schedule (if any) will be updated on the university website.)
Post Graduates Reporting Date–15th July 2019
Undergraduate Reporting Date – 22nd July 2019
Sri Sri University reserves the right at any time to change or amend the course nomenclature, curriculum, course offerings, degree requirement, student intake, commencement dates, time, location, fees and terms and conditions as also to discontinue, postpone or move the operation of its program of study at any time before or after the commencement of program and effect change in student intake due to any academic or regulatory requirement. The said change may not only apply to prospective student but also to those who are already enrolled with the University.
Applicants should consult directly with the authorized official to confirm the accuracy and completeness of information found in the prospectus, particularly before taking any step based on such information.