This Prospectus is valid for admission in various programmes/courses of Sri Sri University, Cuttack, Odisha, India. The instructions and details related to admission for the academic session 2020-21 are given below: –
Admission Procedure (For Indian Nationals and students from other SAARC countries)
- Application for Admission 2020-21 is open w.e.f. 8th October 2019. The steps for admission are as follows: –
Step 1: Procurement of the prospectus and Selection of Programme-
Sri Sri university offers a wide range of academic and professional programmes to suit your aptitude and interests.
The details of all the programmes will be available on the Sri Sri University website: www.srisriuniversity.edu.in
The university prospectus in the hardcopy can be availed at the fee of Rs.200/- while its electronic version will be available on the website.
Annexure 1 also lists all the academic programmes offered along with their eligibility criteria, selection procedure, number of seats and fee structure.
Please go through the detailed eligibility criteria before applying to any programme
Step 2: Application procedure: –
- The application form for applying to any UG/PG/PhD programme apart from certificate and diploma programmes for academic year 2020-21 is available only through online mode. Please visit the university website srisriuniversity.edu.in
- The fee for the application form is Rs.300/-. Payment can be made online through credit card/debit card/net-banking etc. Keep the records of transaction ID, date of transaction details as a proof for future reference. The E-Copy of the prospectus will be available on the website and also will be sent to each registered student separately.
- The application form is to be filled online and submitted as per the instructions mentioned on the website. Please fill correct and complete information in all columns after going through the prospectus. Incomplete/incorrect/wrong information will result in rejection of the application.
- It is mandatory to provide correct email address and mobile number in the space provided in the application form as it will be used by the admissions office for communication related to your admission.
- If you have appeared in a qualifying examination and the result is awaited, you can apply provisionally and go through admission process at your own risk.
- If applying for more than one programme you will need to fill up separate form and the fee for every subsequent form is Rs.500/-.
- The Online registration process is completed only after realization of the online application fee. The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances, including if the applicant is found ineligible for the programme or respective category at a later stage.
- On submission of the duly filled application form, you will receive the acknowledgement email.
Step 3: Selection Process: –
Selection will be done through an Online Interview. Schedule for the interview will be sent to Registered email ID/Phone number.
Phase 2: Merit list based on qualifying examination: –
– A merit list will be put up for undergraduate students based on their marks in the class XII board /qualifying examinations. It will be declared by 12th-13th June 2020.
– The merit list for post graduate students will be put up based on their marks in graduation/ qualifying examinations. It will be declared on 30th June 2020.
Step 4: Provisional Admission: –
– All the selected candidates will be intimated via email regarding the fee details, documents to be uploaded through the provisional offer letter along with the due date. The applicant on receiving the offer letter, needs to pay 50% of the 1st semester tuition and upload the mandatory documents. Based on this provisional admission will be granted.
Step 5: Final Admission
– Final Admission will be granted after the verification of the required documents and payment of complete first semester fees.
- Age Limit:
For Undergraduate / Post Graduate/ PhD as well as certificate and diploma programmes, there is no age limit prescribed. However, the candidates above the age of 35 years, will be considered for admissions based on the decision of the respective department and admissions committee.
- Late Admissions:
Application for Admission will not be entertained after the last date of admission. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, university may allow late admission.
Because of exceptionality of circumstances,
- a) Application for refund for such admission will not be entertained
- b) Such admission will not have any bearing on the last date of refund for admissions announced in respect of admissions done before the last date of admission.
The university gives relaxation of 5% in the eligibility criteria of all courses for students belonging to SC/ST and OBC (Non creamy layer) category as well as for physically handicapped and Kashmiri migrants. The applicants who belong to any of these category who want to avail the relaxation, needs to submit the relevant documents as proof.
Up to 5% of seats on the approved intake in each course are provided as supernumerary seats for the wards/dependents of Defence Personnel/ foreign nationals. The candidates should enclose a copy of the certificate issued by a competent authority in support of their claim without which their claim will not be considered. The candidates under this category should take the entrance test for admission and fulfil all other requirements of admission.
- Commencement of Admissions:
The commencement of Final Admissions begins with the counselling rounds. Once your documents are received and found valid, the Admissions Confirmation letter will be sent to you with details of the reporting on campus, Induction programme timetable and commencement schedule.
Last Date of Admission: The last date of Admissions is August 31st 2020.
The Reporting dates for online classes for all the UG and PG students starts from 29th July 2020.
– When new students enter a University or an institution, they come with diverse thoughts, backgrounds and preparations. It is important to help them adjust to the new environment and inculcate in them the ethos of the university with a sense of larger purpose. Familiarization of the University culture, setting a healthy daily routine, creating bond in the batch as well as between faculty and students, developing awareness, sensitivity and understanding of the self, people around them, society at large, and nature and along with this revising the basics or foundations of their respective subjects is the purpose of the induction.
– The 7 day long induction of the Undergraduates and the post graduate contains the Art of Living’s Happiness Programme for the Youth which is specifically designed to accelerate personal all-round excellence intends to draw forth clarity in observation, perception and expression..The programme has a world record in increasing the ‘Happiness Quotient’ irrespective of any caste, creed or religion.
– The Sudarshan Kriya® , a powerful, rhythmic breathing technique taught in the Happiness Programme aids in mental clarity, eases the build-up of emotions and uplifts one spiritually. Every new entrant to the university undergoes through the Happiness Programme as an integral part of the curriculum. It is a smooth blend of ancient wisdom, yoga, pranayama (breath control), meditation and the fused with contemporary intellectual exchanges. After completing this programme, students are encouraged as well as provided with opportunities to take to higher level of spiritually oriented workshops such as the Advance Meditation Programmes etc. This gives them the profound understanding of their own-selves as well as tools to handle their minds and emotions most constructively.
– Along with this, the induction programme also includes workshop in communication, excel, dance, creative arts, mind management along with training specific to the respective industry.
– The induction also familiarizes the students with the vision of the University, the various departments, local places of interest, facilities offered in the university, the parent organization “Art of Living” and to their seniors/alumni and faculties!
– It is a mandatory for all students to attend the induction programme.
– Application for Admission will not be entertained after the last date of admission. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, university may allow late admission.
– Because of exceptionality of circumstances,
- Application for refund for such admission will not be entertained
- Such admission will not have any bearing on the last date of refund for admissions announced in respect of admissions done before the last date of admission.
– All students are required to report/join the university as per the schedule for the start of the session. However, if a student joins late, then the following guidelines may be used, unless otherwise specified:
- Applicants admitted before the Reporting Date:
- a) If the admitted student reports within two weeks of the reporting date for the concerned programme, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining.
- b) If the admitted student reports after two weeks from the date of reporting of the concerned programme but before the last date by which late admission can be considered, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.100/- and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept and the Dean of the concerned Dept.
- Applicants admitted after the reporting date (but before the last date of admission)
If the applicant reports after the reporting date but before the last date of admissions, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining.
- 3. Applicants admitted after the last date of admission
- a) If the applicant reports within one week, after the last date of admissions, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining.
- b) If the applicant reports between one to two weeks after the last date of admissions, then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.100/- and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept.
- c) If the admitted student reports after two weeks after the last date of admissions, the concerned programme then he/she may be allowed to join after submission of application on the prescribed form stating the valid reason of his/her late joining with a fee of Rs.200/- and the application must be approved by Head of Admissions Dept and Dean of the concerned dept.
- The last date for considering late admissions is the date prescribed in such a way that, after such date, student may not be able to fulfil attendance criteria after due consideration of all the classes to be conducted for that term.
- Students may be allowed to report/join the university late as per the details and timelines mentioned above, however, the minimum attendance required to be maintained will remain the same, and no relaxation in lieu of late joining will be provided.
- Further, no compensation for the loss of continuous assessment will be allowed to late joining students.
- If the admitted student reports after one week from the date of reporting for the concerned programme, the residential facility/transport facility allotted to him/her may be de-allocated.
However, on late joining/reporting, if permitted as per the guidelines mentioned above, the residential facility/transport facility may be allocated again subject to availability of seats.
(J) Change of Programme: –
- Any applicant who wishes to change the programme or specialization from one programme to another within the same Faculty will have to fill the Programme transfer form (Obtained from the Admissions Office or download from website) and deposit the form to the Office of the executive Registrar.
This applies to both cases:
- a) Before the start of the session
b) After the start of the session
- Please Note: The requested change/transfer will be purely based at the discretion of the University subject to:
a) Seat availability in the programme to which transfer is applied
b) Fulfilment of eligibility and other admission requirements
c) Any other condition prescribed by the university.
- The change of programme application must be submitted within 15 days from the last date of admissions.
- Those applicants whose programme transfer is accepted by the university will be liable to pay the tuition fee and other charges as prescribed by the university.
- Incase the student is allowed to transfer to a programme with lesser fee, the balance will be adjusted in the fee of next term
- If the programme transfer is done after the start of the session, no compensation for loss of attendance or for any component will be given.
(K) Lateral Admissions:
- This is applicable for those students who wish to take admission in the second year of any of the programmes offered in the university. Admission for any subsequent years will not be allowed.
- The applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
a) The applicant must be from a recognized university
b) The syllabus/curricula of the programme, the applicant is studying should match with our university syllabus/curricula.
c) The applicant should have passed the 1st year of the programme he/she is studying and wishes to seek admission in Sri Sri University for the second year
d) The applicant should be eligible as per the criteria stated by the University.
e) The applicant must submit all the mandatory documents as mentioned by the University for seeking admission.
f) Admission will be granted only if seats are available in the programme the applicant wishes to get enrolled in and if he/she fulfils all the necessary criteria stated above.
g) If admission is granted, the applicant is liable to pay the fees as per the fees of the second year of that programme.
Process of Lateral Admission
- The applicant needs to fill the lateral admission form (available with the admission office or download from the website)
- Submit the form and upload all the mandatory documents
- On verifying the eligibility and all the documents, the admission confirmation letter will be sent to the student
L) General Guidelines regarding Admission:
- Candidates placed in compartment are not eligible for admission to any programme of study in the University.
- Admissions will be purely based on merit and candidates are strongly advised against giving any pressure on the selection process. Any candidate found guilty in the above activities, is liable for disqualification.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any advertised programme due to insufficient enrolments or for any other reason beyond its control. In such an eventuality, full fee shall be refunded to the student.
- The admission will be considered final only when the student has met the norms of eligibility criteria. The onus of meeting the criteria is sole responsibility of the student. The admission of a student will stand cancelled at any point of time during time of registration with the University, if the student is found not meeting the criteria and where the student has not submitted the relevant documents.
- University reserves the right to itself to offer any or all of the programme electives/specialization electives. Electives thus offered may be based on the number of students who opt for such elective and will be offered at the sole discretion of the university.
- In case of any matter not covered herein and/or for interpretation of any content herein, the decision of the competent authority of the university shall be final and binding on all concerned.
1) Sri Sri University reserves the right at any time to change or amend the course nomenclature, curriculum, course offerings, degree requirement, student intake, commencement dates, time, location, fees and terms and conditions as also to discontinue, postpone or move the operation of its programme of study at any time before or after the commencement of programme and effect change in student intake due to any academic or regulatory requirement, without any prior notice. The said change may not only apply to prospective student but also to those who are already enrolled with the University.
2) Applicants should consult directly with the authorized official to confirm the accuracy, completeness and currency of information found in the prospectus, particularly before taking any step based on such information.
3) Applicants are responsible for regularly checking the website for updates. Grievances resulting from not having consulted this prospectus and the website will not be entertained.
4) Sri Sri University disclaims any liability towards any individual for any loss or damage caused to them arising out of any action taken on the basis of the information in the prospectus. Any error, if found, in the prospectus may be due to inadvertent omissions, clerical mistakes or any other reason.
5) In case of non-compliance with any of the requirements for admission including non-submission of relevant documents and / or non-payment of Fee within the prescribed date and time, the applicant will lose their right to admission.
6) If at any stage original documents relating to the admission of an applicant are found to be fake / non-genuine or fabricated or in any other manner defective, the said applicant will not be admitted and if already admitted, admission will be cancelled without any prior notice in this regard. If the same is found after the completion of course, the applicant‘s degree will be cancelled and appropriate legal action will be taken against them.