BSc (Hons.) Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is one of the most relevant and popular choices among science students after their +2 in science.
- India which is an agriculture-driven economy needs innovation and quality research in this sector, which is why the agricultural field it seemed to be of immense opportunities.
- One can select a wide range of career options from working in agriculture management firms to agritourism to the core field to even applying for competitive exams such as UPSC, FCI, and other government areas.
- One can also opt for Post Graduation followed by the ICAR JRF exam.
- BSc (Hons.) in Agriculture program is a 4-years-long undergraduate course consisting of topics such as agricultural science, use of modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture, land surveying, soil science, water resource management, animal and poultry management, basics of biotechnology, agronomy, nutrition, farm operational management, agricultural marketing or journalism, genetics and animal breeding, production operations management, health, welfare and disease advisors, animal science and technology, research, advisory, and consultancy both for the government and the private sector.
- The main aim of this program is to use the above-mentioned concepts to train students to improve agriculture productivity, manage products, and pave way for future developments through research activities.
- The courseware will be delivered through a series of lectures, seminars, and practical classes at the SSU farms and laboratories. Our exceptional industry contacts and external visits to livestock and crop enterprises and agribusinesses will provide valuable additional case studies.
- Modules will be assessed through examinations and coursework, including real-life case studies, presentations, and reports. There are timed, unseen examinations at the end of each year. The Research Project is an integral part of the course. It provides the opportunity to study in-depth a subject of specific interest or of direct relevance to employment aspirations.
- Our graduates will be able to apply for placements relevant to their interests and aspirations and may choose to link these to their choice of electives in the final year or proposed dissertation topic.
The career avenues with a degree in BSc (Hons.) Agriculture is as follows:
- Agriculture Development Officers (ADO)
- Block Development Officers (BDO)
- Agriculture Research Scientist
- Subject Matter Specialist in different Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs)
- Plantation Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Food Processing Units in Government
- Operations Manager in Fertilizer Units
- Seed Technologies Firm
- Officer in Quality Assurance in Related Fields and many more
COURSE FACT SHEET
10+2 examination (science with PCB/PCM) from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% score
What People Say About Us
“I found the campus quite beautiful and serene. Around here, it is a different kind of experience. It is away from hustle and bustle of city near Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. If you want to do meditation or spend some time to do some serious work like writing, thinking, contemplating, this is a wonderful place.”
“SSU is providing value education and this is going to serve the need of the hour to produce qualified people who have got exposure to cultural and traditional facility. The University is doing a lot to promote Indian culture and they are take care of people like anything and I found all of them very good human being .I feel that this university has got a very bright future because this university has a very strong foundation , they are doing a lot and they are very liberal and they are very open minded.”
Applications for 2022 Open