Sri Sri University
Central Library Rules & Regulations
Students are to follow the rules of the library as given below :
- All library users are required to enter their names and put their signature in the register provided at the entrance of the library.
- Students can borrow a certain number of books, periodicals (other than the current issue), CDs for a period of 15 days as stipulated and communicated by the Librarian.
- Library books are required to be returned by a student on or before the due date. A fine will be levied after the expiry of the due date. All books issued must be returned and library fines (if any) be settled in time.
- Borrowers shall replace lost or damaged library materials/books with new versions of the same.
- Renewals of library books and of educational materials are generally allowed if no reservation has been made for the same.
- Case studies and project reports will not be issued to students and are for library reference purpose only.
- Library users are expected to maintain silence at all times in the library. The use of cell phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Library users should present their identity cards for borrowing or renewal of library materials. The Librarian reserves the right to deny the issuance or renewal of library materials where the identity card is not presented by the student.
- Markings of any kind, underlining, writing on books, and defacing any publication are strictly prohibited and if defied, the item must be replaced with a new one.
- Smoking anywhere inside the library premises is prohibited as is also the consumption of food and refreshments.
- The membership of the library is non-transferable.
- Books or journals taken from the shelves should not be replaced on the shelves but be left on the tables after use.
- All library users are expected to read the Notice Board placed outside the library or browse the library website for library timings and other information.
- The librarian reserves the right to refuse admission to any student violating the rules and regulations of the library.
- Students should return all the borrowed items from the library, clear all fines, and return the library ID card before leaving the University.
- Personal belongings, for example, books, folders, files, blazers, jerkins, overcoats, etc. are not allowed in the library.
LOSS OF LIBRARY BOOKS
Type of books & Replacement Cost
Any loss of borrowed material must be reported to the Librarian. The book shall either be replaced with a new copy or the cost of the book, along with handling charges. if applicable, shall be paid by the borrower. The replacement cost shall be calculated as follows:
Handling charges will be calculated at 10% of the replacement cost.
- A maximum number of books that can be issued against various categories of student members at a time are as follows:
(i) UG Students: 3 (three) books
(ii) PG Students: 4 (four) books
- Overdue Charges: A retention fee of Rs 2.00 per day per book will be charged if the book(s) borrowed is(are) not returned/ renewed on or before the due date.