Sri Sri University International Model United Nations is a simulation of United Nations hosted under the title of Sri Sri University. Ever since its inception in 2017, we have carried the passion and potential to stand out in this world. SSU International MUN as a project aims at promoting the views and values of the United Nations. We strive to bring curious and creative minds from all over the world under one roof and to create world leaders for change and bring out the best within oneself and others. We not only conduct conferences and seminars modeled as per the United Nations but also collaborate with different NGOs to fight against different social issues. At SSU International MUN we believe that just deliberation would not be enough so we go out in the actual world and take initiatives to make a difference in the world and the lives of people one edition at a time.
Some of our commendable initiatives include
- Pattachitra, a rural skill development workshop for women under the Skills development projects.
- Pavitra, a workshop for women’s self-defense and menstrual hygiene under the women’s health and safety projects.
- Pop-up housing beds for humanity, an initiative by Mr. Sampath Reddy for providing portable modular houses using recyclable industrial materials.
- Children’s welfare initiative to prevent child sexual abuse along with Mind, health, and time management workshops.
We provide a platform that helps youth transcend their boundaries and allows them to see everything in a new light, which has made it easy for them to find the willpower to go beyond the natural environment and become more.
Over the years we have had the opportunity of inviting a diverse panel of keynote speakers like
- Dr. Shankar Chowdhury superannuated from UNESCO Cluster Office for Bhutan, India, the Maldives, and Sri Lanka in New Delhi.
- Sarita Jadav, officer for UNESCO
- Mr. Augustine Veliath, Specialist for UNICEF, India
- Megha Bhatia, Founder of Our Voix, a youth-led organization to prevent child sexual abuse.
Throughout its three editions, SSU International MUN has orchestrated a wide mix of national and international committees. For our third edition, we had a selection of committees like the United Nations General Assembly Social. Cultural and Humanitarian Committee (SOCHUM), United Nations Security Council (UNSC), United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Trilateral Peace Conference (India-China-Pakistan), All India Political Parties meet and International press.
Even during these uncertain times, the situation of the pandemic has not robbed us of our enthusiasm and determination. For this year’s SSU International MUN we could host our first-of-its-kind virtual edition. Dealing with current world problems we are simulating six committees which include international committees like United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), International Press (IP), and National committees like Joint Crisis Committee (JCC-INDIA PAKISTAN WAR), National Security Council (NSC)
With this virtual edition of our conference, we believe to create an impact in lives that will be remembered for a long time.
Visit Website Here