BPA Odissi dance
The program explores the scholarly and practical study of a wide variety of artistic techniques and styles. Within the Visual and Performing Arts is a range of educational opportunities and potential careers.
- Adopt various interdisciplinary activities merging music, dance, fine arts, architecture, mass media, and journalism in an integrated manner that also adds value to their degrees.
- Both students and faculty are also encouraged to participate at various international platforms.
- Apart from music-related subjects, the curriculum also includes papers on Yoga, Sanskrit, English, communication, and spirituality for overall development.
- A Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) is followed similar to the syllabi of international universities.
- The curriculum is holistic and far-sighted keeping sustainability as its main focus so that students can have all-around development.
- The students are taught in studios.
- Studio work is supervised by individual tutorials and group critical reviews encouraging students to develop essential skills.
- Learning is not only confined to the studio, opportunities are given to students to also explore new styles. Sufficient exposure is provided to students by giving them numerous performance platforms.
- You will be taught in our studios, where you will have your own dedicated design space. You will be supervised on studio work in individual tutorials and group critical reviews which encourage you to explore different approaches and develop essential design skills.
- The curriculum includes courses on English Communication, Sanskrit, Cultural History, and Yoga. Besides the opportunity to perform on stage, in various local and national level events organized inside as well as outside the campus, the students at SSU also gain exposure through the world-class conferences, festivals, events, and various forums organized by the Art of Living.
- Students are trained to become professional dancers with UGC-approved qualifications, who can impart dance education by setting up their own studios or by teaching in schools.
- To demonstrate each and every aspect of the art form
- To perform in nationally / internationally reputed cultural events, dance and music festivals, dance production
- To assess own performances /choreographies /dance production and music composition for achieving excellence in the performative art
- To use modern technologies for enhancing own performance and leverage one’s positioning in the entertainment industry
- To direct and produce relevant projects / performances for the entertainment industry, and establish his/her own institute
COURSE FACT SHEET
10+2 examination or equivalent from any stream from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% score
What People Say About Us
Vandana Shiva, Social Activist
Dr. Vijay, Professor
Ms. Anja Jessurun Director Shankara
Mr. Sourabh Sharma Manager
Applications for 2024 Open