The sprawling 188 acres of green beauty is the campus of Sri Sri University. Located on the banks of a tributary of the mighty river Mahanadi, it’s located in Ward No – 3, Sandhapur, Godi Sahi, Cuttack Bidhayadharpur, Odisha 754006.
Exploring the Beauty Within The Land of Odisha
Odisha, formerly called Orissa, is a state of India lying in the northeastern part of the country, bounded by the states of Jharkhand, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Chhattisgarh.
A land of unexplored beauty, Odisha is a living hybrid of the architectural and spiritual beauty of the Sun Temple in Konark, its golden beaches, and the modern city life hustles of Bhubaneswar.
The tranquilizing beauty of the state makes you awestruck, in its rich cultural heritage, through the streets of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
From the land of Natha and Siddha literature, and Odissi, to its vibrant busy streets with the hovering smell of DahiVada, and Chenapoda. The land is an example of a vivid cultural and institutional establishment.
While you may know Odisha for its fine mural paintings, icon paintings, and exquisite silver filigree ornamentation. The state has survived the rich ancient legacy of the great Indian history.
The town of Puri is the site of the Jagannatha temple which attracts thousands of devotees worldwide.
The University is situated in a junction between the cities of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack. Both these cities are regarded as the twin city of the state.
The metropolitan area formed by the two cities had a population of 1.7 million as of 2011.
While Bhubaneswar is popularly known as the Temple City that is Ekamra Kshetra, the city of Cuttack is actually an anglicized form of ‘Kataka’ which means The Fort.
This is a reference to the ancient Barabati Fort, the city of Cuttack is also known as the Millennium City as well as the Silver City due to its history of 1000 years and famous silver filigree works.
Being the commercial capital of Odisha, the city is somewhat maze-like with unplanned markets lanes and bylanes which is why locally it’s known as Bauna Bazaar, and Tepana Galee i.e. 52 markets and 53 streets.
The tropical Odisha sees its coolest month in January and its warmest month in May with an average of mid-30 degrees C. The higher elevations of the hills provide some relief from the summer heat, which becomes particularly oppressive in the basins of the central tract. The average annual rainfall in the state is about 60 inches, mostly occurring during the months of the southwest monsoon ( that is June through September).
HOW TO REACH SSU
Biju Patnaik International Airport
- If you are traveling by air, you would land at the Biju Patnaik International Airport.
- From the Airport itself, you can book an Ola, Uber, or any other cab service to your convenience.
- Now, there are three routes available to you to come from the Airport to the University.
The first route via Nandankanan Road in a cab would take approximately 54 min, covering 27.8 km to reach.
- The second route is via Chandaka-Nandankanan Rd and Chandaka Rd/Khandagiri – Chandaka Rd. It would take approximately 54 min to cover the 32.6 km.
- The third route to the campus is via NH16 which would take 58 min to cover the 34.6 km.
Note that, the time frames are given with respect to the consideration that it would be heavy traffic flow. The timings may reduce thereof.
Bhubaneswar (BBS) Railway Station
- If you are traveling by train, you would land at the Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
- From the station itself, you can book an Ola, Uber, Auto Rickshaw, or any other cab service to your convenience.
- The fastest route from the station to the campus is via Cuttack Road, which you would reach in 53 min by covering 30.9 km.
The second route is through Nandankanan Road, and you would reach 55 min (26.9 km).
The last road would be via Chandaka Road, covering in 1 hr 1 min (34.5 km)
Cuttack (CTC) Junction Railway Station
- In case, you dropped down at the Cuttack Junction, you would be reaching the campus is somewhat 30 minutes.
- From the station, you would get an auto or you can very well book one as per the availability.
You can reach the campus via Badakera – Cuttack Road/Banki Road/Banki – Cuttack Road, in 34 min covering approximately 15.1 km.
You can also choose to reach via Naraj Rd in 41 min covering 19.2 km
Note that :
The Campus has all the required facilities, and outside the campus, you would find restaurants and places to stay(as per your convenience).