- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture has been categorized as technical degree program, which integrates agricultural sciences, basic science and humanities and inter-disciplinary allied sciences in a holistic exposure to scientific and technical aspects of agriculture.
- The education and experiential learning during the course curriculum enables to acquire scientific knowledge and skills to contribute for the development of tools/technologies and/or processes to increase both the production and productivity of agriculture through efficient utilization and conservation of natural resources of agricultural landscapes.
- Agriculture education program administered at the university aims at filling the gap by creating skilled professionals who become progressive and practicing farmers, create agri-based start-up companies to generate technologies and/or provider services to agriculture sector or serve the government at various capacities to promote agriculture.
- The learning program includes rigorous exposure to theoretical concepts and experiential learning at various levels with innovative approaches, faculty-student bonding and agri-industry exposure internship also provides overall personality development while creating skilled human resources to serve agriculture sector. It is a technical program that aims at providing cost-effective education through experiential learning curriculum.
- Students undergo experiential learning program (ELP) through placement with the farmers under the RAWE program (Rural Agricultural Work Experience).
- Student Internship program with NGOs involved in the training and building of the rural economy and agricultural technologies development companies under Hands on Training (HOT) and Agro-Industrial Attachment (AIA) program.
- Students will be exposed to state agricultural universities and ICAR governed research institutions/organizations during the educational tours across the country.
B. Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture graduates will have wider career opportunities:
- Qualify to become agricultural scientists, progressive farmers or agriculture based-entrepreneurs, Service providers and/or creators of agri-technologies. Build small-scale companies that develop technologies to provide services to support agricultural activities.
- Build a career in seed production companies and related industries such as agribusiness, crop production, soil and water conservation engineering, banking, biotechnology industries, farm manager, rural entrepreneur’s, agri-produce processing industries etc.
- Pursue career in the State Department of Agriculture/Horticulture – AAO, ADA, Extension officers at KVKs, SAUs, ARS.
- Advocacy and policy planners in in NGOs, Research organizations. Consultancy firms.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture|
04 Years full time
|10 + 2 or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks with biology as a compulsory subject*|
60,000Tuition fee per semester**
|* It is your responsibility to ascertain that you possess the requisite qualification for admission.|
|**There will be a separate admission fee, examination fee, caution deposit etc in addition to the tuition fee.|