Grievance Redressal Mechanism
The Grievance Redressal Committee at Sri Sri University addresses the grievances of students. The constitution of the committee, members, and procedure of submitting grievances, etc. are as given below.
The Grievance Redressal Committee
- Director Students’ Affair (DSA).
- Three nominees from the academic community.
- Student representatives.
- The aggrieved student is required to submit the grievance either in writing or online through the University website or through e-mail to the DSA, Shruti Building, 2nd Floor, Sri Sri University.
- The DSA will convene a meeting within ten days of receiving the complaint.
- The report of the Committee is to be submitted to the Vice-Chancellor within five working days of the meeting.
- The decision taken would be communicated to the students within three more working days.
Further, the student can appeal to the University Grievance Committee (appellate authority), Vice-Chancellor within five working days thereafter.