BSc (Hons.) Environmental Science
- BSc (Hons.) Environmental Science is a program that offers extensive knowledge regarding the environment and the impact of human activities on wildlife.
- The students would be extensively involved in an experiential learning ecological balance. B.Sc (Hons.) in Environmental Science has its curriculum designed in such a format that prepares the students for advanced research in the field of ecosystem and wildlife conservation.
- The course comprises most of the areas of environmental science and ecology. By the time students graduate, they will find opportunities in fieldwork.
- The course includes a lot of practical work alongside the cutting-edge theoretical course. The faculty has curated a dedicated unit that allows and oversees students to conduct practical fieldwork in the heart of the environment.
- Additionally, the students also get hands-on experience every year. The course aims at providing a great overview of the things that are necessary for understanding the entirety of environmental science. The goal of the 3-year course is to prepare students for a career in the respective field of study.
- Curriculum designed in an outcome-based learning framework
- The curriculum includes a lot of practical work for better exposure
- Advanced Experimental & Computational Labs for a hands-on experience
- Facilitates fieldwork in the heart of the environment
- The course is designed to prepare students for a career in the said field
- Students get to work on National/International projects
- Regular interaction opportunities with experts in the field
- Provides 100% assistance on placement & internships
The wide range of career options presented to students after their graduation in this field are as follows:
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Science Manager
- Can pursue higher degrees for a role as a professor
- Wildlife Film-maker
- Environment Photographer
- Environment Journalists
- Conservation Hydrologist
- Environmental Lawyer
- Numerical weather predictor
COURSE FACT SHEET
10+2 examination (science with PCB/PCM) from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% score
What People Say About Us
We needed more experienced people from India. Therefore, we visited Sri Sri University. After my visit I was very impressed by the total i.e. the location, the knowledge and the atmosphere. I met 10 students and they pitched their ideas to me, which they did really well. I was really impressed by the management and the things they said which I was recollecting all my way back and which will remain with me all my life.Ms. Anja Jessurun Director Shankara,
Health and Wellness by Ayurveda Netherlands,
Mr. Kishan is a work dedicated guy who quickly understood what the expectations were from the project & put all efforts to achieve the same. He was punctual throughout the SIP. The most important thing is, even not being from engineering background, he grasped the project so quickly and delivered it very well. This speaks of his dedication and commitment for the work.Mr. Sourabh Sharma Manager Supply Chain Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
This is a University for the future where everyone has a right share of economic, spiritual and social well-being. I am so impressed by this campus because it isn’t a clone of what is being taught everywhere else. It is connecting the ancient values to the needs of the present.Vandana Shiva, Social ActivistAuthor
I am quite impressed with facilities, cordial staff and highly talented faculty members here. They have very unique programs. I am quite impressed with campus infrastructure and integrated programs they are running right now. I wish them luck for the Ayurveda hospital!Dr. Vijay, Professor University of Hyderabad
I found the campus quite beautiful and serene. Around here, it is a different kind of experience. It is away from hustle and bustle of city near Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. If you want to do meditation or spend some time to do some serious work like writing, thinking, contemplating, this is a wonderful place.Vinish Kasturia Mathematics Professor, IIT
Applications for 2021 Open