- Only students, faculty, and staff of Sri Sri University are allowed inside the Computer Lab during working hours.
- In case of an urgent need (if official), prior permission may be sought from the appropriate authorities.
- Visitors are allowed inside the laboratory only after prior permission from the appropriate authorities.
- Students are required to sign on the register at the time of entry and exit from the Computer Lab.
- Students should be dressed formally (according to the dress code stipulated by the University) to gain entry into the laboratory during working hours.
- Any kind of footwear inside the laboratory is strictly prohibited.
- Students shall not carry any storage devices such as CDs and pen-drives without prior permission from authorized personnel. The details of the contents in the pen-drive, the CDs, or any other storage device are required to be registered with the staff in the laboratory. Failure to observe this rule will result in the student being debarred from using the laboratory for the remaining part of the course.
(b) Code of Conduct Inside the Laboratory
- Students are required to maintain silence at all times in the laboratory.
- Students will occupy the computer systems as identified by the Lab-In-Charge of the laboratory.
- Each Student will login with his/her username and password.
- Where the students have carried storage devices such as pen-drives and CDs, the same will be tested for any presence of computer viruses or any other undesirable content.
- Students should not attempt to access IT-servers. IT server rooms are out of bound for students.
- Students shall not indulge in hacking or retrieval of sensitive information, destruction of data or computer programmes from systems and IT-servers located in the Computer Laboratory or anywhere else in the campus.
- The Internet facility at the University is provided purely for academic purposes and knowledge acquisition. Students will not use this facility for sending unproductive, provocative, or illegal electronic mails or indulge in undesirable web-chatting.
- Whenever a student has copied any data or computer program from a system, the same should be shown to the Lab-In-Charge for verification or approval.
- The Lab-In-Charge, System Administrators inside the Computer Laboratory or the University is not responsible for the loss of any personal property of the students.
- Beverages and food are prohibited inside the Computer Lab.
- Mobile phones and tabs are prohibited inside the Computer Lab. The violation of this rule will result in the confiscation of the instrument and the expulsion of the student from the Lab. The instrument will be returned to the student only at the end of the course.
- Chatting and talking are prohibited in all Computer Laboratories of the university.
- Students are prohibited from visiting any sites that do not add learning value or are illegal. Students should use the Computer Laboratory only for academic learning and research. Activities of the students on the campus network are tracked using monitoring software for regulatory purposes.