Establishment of Sanskrit Department, Sri Sri University as one of the world’s best education and research center for Sanskrit and other Indic studies to provide ‘Best of East and Best of West’ to the world in the field of education.
To inculcate in our students a perfect blend of our ancient knowledge and ethics as well as latest modern methods and techniques so that they become efficient to apply the ancient knowledge in the modern context with the help of modern techniques for the betterment of life.
To provide confidence and opportunity to the young generation to create innovative paths of wisdom by applying the core knowledge of our ancient Sanskrit literature to their fields of interest or expertise, so that they can lead the world to better opportunities and positive environment in all streams of knowledge.
To enhance all round development of all branches of Sanskrit learning and its allied studies as well as to preserve and uplift the philosophical and scientific elements in the knowledge systems of these languages.
- Balanced syllabus comprising significant aspects of Sanskrit and at par with other national universities
- Syllabus is compatible for UGC NET and other competitive examinations.
- Interdisciplinary approach (includes courses like Yoga and Communicative English)
- Extension activities like Certificate course in Basic Sanskrit Learning and Basic Sanskrit courses for other departments in the university.
- Academically qualified teachers regularly engaged in Teaching, Evaluation, Research and Extension activities.
- Students learn to read and write in Devanagari script and this enhances their skills in making digital posters, composing poems and writing scripts for theatres and plays in Sanskrit.
- We actively encourage students in scripting the ‘Natya’(Sanskrit drama) which is an interdisciplinary activity with the Department of Visual & Performing Arts.
- Students have the choice to specialize either in ‘Sahitya’ or ‘Vyakaran’.
- Classes are conducted only in Sanskrit.
- Teaching, Learning and Evaluation in Sanskrit Medium, to strengthen the language base in students
- Regular Co-curricular activities like bridge classes, library classes, Seminar classes etc., to build confidence in students
- Personal informal counselling and guidance by teachers for Communicative Sanskrit and Competitive exam preparations
- Career counselling for students
- Spiritual environment