Dr. Nilamadhab Kar
- MRCPsych, Royal College of Psychiatrists, London
- DNB, National Board Examinations, India
- MD, Mental Health Institute, SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Utkal University
- DPM, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi University
- MBBS, VSS Medical College, Burla, Sambalpur University
What subject you teach at SSU ?
- Community Mental Health
- Psychiatric Illnesses and their management
- Preventive Psychiatry
- Mental Health Research
- Visiting scholar under exchange of Scholars Scheme was awarded under Indo Dutch Programme on Alternatives and Development, Rhodes University, South Africa, 2006
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded under the Indo Dutch program on Alternatives and Development, Wageningen University, The Netherlands, 1999.
- Short- term Netherlands Government Fellowship for refresher course in Philippines 1999.
- Netherlands Government Fellowship, 1992.
- Young Scientists’ Award by Indian Science Congress Association for original contribution in the field, 1985.
- Has several National and International Publications
- Visited Argentina, Austria, Canada, the Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, South Africa, South America, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, in connection with academic assignments and or Conferences
Besides the above Academic achievements, Prof. Rekha Singhal is a keen sportsperson and a music aficionado. She has won several medals at the national level in Table Tennis, Badminton and Swimming. She is also the proud recipient of Sangeet Prabhakar in Sitar from Prayag Sangeet Samiti in 1979.
- Chief and Principal investigator of multiple research projects.
- Founder and life member of Geriatric Care and Research Organization (GeriCaRe). GeriCaRe is involved in the care of the elderly and research in various aspects relevant to old age. It endeavours to provide evidence based information for caregivers, elderly and the health care professionals about age related issues. It organises International Conference on Healthy Ageing which is open to older adults, their cares and professionals. GeriCaRe won Vayoshrestha Samman, an Indian National Award as the Best Institution for Research in the Field of Ageing in 2016 from the President of India.
- Founder and Resource Person of Quality of Life Research and Development Foundation (QoLReF). This organisation is supporting a vast area of multidisciplinary research and publications related to health and quality of life. QoLReF has conducted linguistic validation of a few Quality of Life Scales in Indian languages. It is also involved in health-related charity work.
Professor : IIM Ranchi.
My motivation to join Sri Sri University is to be one of the active partners in developing value-based world Class University.
The unique blend of psychology and contemplation aimed by the Department of Contemplative and Behavioural Sciences (DCBS) is incomparable not only in India but in the globe, is my key inspiration to join Sri Sri University.
The contemplation infuses learning with experience and awareness as it fosters intellectual, personal, and spiritual growth, and helps to master critical skills and multi-cultural sensitivities needed to understand and translate it into practices that change the world.
- Best Publication of the Year Award (2016) from Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- NHS International Fellowship (2003-05) from Department of Health, UK
- Col. Kripal Singh Award (2000) from Indian Psychiatric Society
- Shantiniketan Mental Health Award (2000) Association of Industrial Psychiatry of India
- Bhagwat Award (1997) from Indian Psychiatric Society
- GC Boral Award (1994, 1995) from Indian Psychiatric Society Odisha State Branch
- More than 250 publications include articles in indexed international journals, Book Chapters, authored and edited medical books, public education books on mental health and poetry anthologies. Publications link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nilamadhab-Kar
- Editor of Journal of Geriatric Care and Research (JGCR) ISSN: 2397-5628; and Srujan: The Creativity Journal.
- Editorial board member in a few Medical Journals
- Public education on mental health: through newspaper columns, invited talks, seminars and webinars
- Charitable work supporting mental health care in Odisha through tele-psychiatry and health camps
- Reading and writing poetry, short stories