Dr. Vidya Bhate
– Department of Contemplative and Behavioural Sciences
What subject you teach at SSU ?
Cognitive and Behavioural Psychology
- Dr. Vidya Bhate is an Psychologist and Researcher by Profession. She has been in this field since 20 years and her core domains are Cognitive Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Psychological testing, Behavioural Psychology, Organisational Psychology and Research. Her experience counts variedly across teaching, mental health and management in the field of Human Capital. She has National and International publications to her credit and has travelled across Globe to attend Conferences and Trainings. She is a Life member of Nutrition Society of India ,AARO, Rotary International and a follower of the AOL. She has been an invited speaker at multiple organisations and educational institutes. Worked on various projects for Life Skills Development Company, NGO’s and Research organizations for Planning, Executing and managing projects from medium to large scale. Worked for multiple projects of CSR like, child sponsorship, educational upliftment, community health issues and WASH .
- By attending various conferences/trainings and working with some of the top-notch Researchers, Counselors, Educationists and entrepreneurs, She has significantly gained and garnered the ability to look at end to end processes, inculcating value-based design thinking and creating detailed implementation strategy. She has undergone training in research methodology and her core area of interest lies in Teaching and Research. She believes in enhancing team building and have managed teams in role of Director Programs at previous organisaton. Personally, what drives her is creativity in developing new programs in her field, wherein she is one of the creator of a unique program called ‘Har Ghar Mein Genius’ designed to nurture cognitive abilities in children. Her Ph.D work emphasizes on Cognitive impairment and HRQoL in Diabetic adults, wherein she has developed a tool to measure Health Related Quality of Life.
Official Email Id
Papers published in various International and National Journals.
- Fellowship for M.Phil -June 2004
- Winner of Ramanathan award at Nutrition Society of India Annual meeting for best oral presentation-Calcutta, November 2006
- Sponsorship for presenting paper at DOHaD International conference- Australia,November2007
- Winner of Haveliram Pasricha award for the best poster presentation at Nutrition Society of India 40th Annual meeting-Chennai,November2008
- Travel Grant Award (Fellowship) by the DOHaD society to present paper at the International conference- CHILE, November2009.
- Appointed as the Joint Secretary and awarded Best Rising Star of -Rotary Club Of Pune Lokmanyanagar 2019.
- Editor of Tejovalay Bulletin of Rotary Club Of Pune Lokmanyanagar.
Building Human Capital through Mental Health Awareness, Research and Contemplation of Indian Knowledge Systems.