Prof. Girishwar Misra
- Ph.D. FNA Psychology, Special Issue Editor Psychological Studies (Springer)
- Former National Fellow (ICSSR)
About Prof. Girishwar Misra
- Prof. Girishwar Misra is ranked 9th among the top ten most influential psychologists of the world (first and only Indian to date) based on their contribution over the last decade ( 2010- 2020) by Academic Influence
- He was the Vice-Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya in Wardha, Maharashtra, India
- In 1991-1992, Misra was a Fulbright Fellow in the United States at Swarthmore College and at the University of Michigan
- Prof. Girishwar Misra, has served as a Psychologist as well as the Head of the Department at the University of Delhi for two decades. He has been one of the pioneers of the emerging field of Indian Psychology. He has also served as a president of the National Academy of Psychology, India.
- He has also been working as the Chief Editor – Psychological Studies, Springer for Sixteen years. He has been a full bright senior fellow at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and Swarthmore College, Philadelphia.
- His major publications include Psychological Consequences of Prolonged Deprivation, Deprivation: Its Social Roots and Psychological Consequences. He has authored many books such as Handbook of Psychology in India. He has been the recipient of many a notable National awards.