- To inculcate the entrepreneurial culture among the students, Sri Sri University has started a centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation namely ‘SRINOVATION’ with all required infrastructure like computers, office room, multimedia equipment, LCD and discussion tables. We are organising meeting and seminars with various industry officials and successful entrepreneurs.
- Sri Sri University has a tie-up with National Innovation Foundation (A Wadwani group) to create awareness among the students on entrepreneurship.
- Sri Sri University also has a tie-up with Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India to offer their courses on Corporate social Responsibility and Social Entrepreneurship.
- For the last two years Sri Sri University organising the five days workshops on “Product and Process innovation” with Ms. Gayathri Gopal an alumnus of Singapore Management University (SMU), Singapore.
- University boasts of diverse set of students ranging from fresher’s to experienced professionals with as much as 10 years of work experience. University has been able to attract students from premier colleges including IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Indore, Thapar University, St. Xavier’s and Manchester University. Apart from attracting students from more than 20 states of India, we also have a few international students enrolled in our various courses.
- Our university students have performed distinctively and have left their mark by delivering top performances in competitions at premier B Schools like IIM–Calcutta, IIFT – Kolkata, Start Weekend at XIMB University, IMIS and ASBM, Bhubaneswar.
- Three students from the second batch (2013-2015) of the Department of Management completed their summer internship with the WFEB’s organizing committee for the 1st World Summit on Ethics in Sports which will be held at the FIFA Headquarters in Zurich.
- Rohan Jain (MBA: 2012-14) represented Sri Sri University at the “International Leadership Symposium” held at the European Parliament, Brussels organized by World Youth Forum for Ethics in Business.
- The students (2014-16 batch) of Sri Sri University have started the following ventures:
- Limitless circle: Incubates of NASSCOM 10000 and successfully covered seed stage and now at early stage. They got Rs. 30 lakhs assistance from NASSCOM.
- 19 Farms: Deals with the organic agriculture products
- Potted: Customised pots for indoor plants
- Innocraft: Customised handicraft products for corporates
- Stellar Grid: Consumerisation of Solar Energy
- Sri Sri Embark: Trading of agriculture products
SRINOVATION & ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTIVITIES
Sri Sri University’s Startup Weekend 2016 powered by Google for Entrepreneurs
Google Developer Groups – Sri Sri University
This time for Google Developer Groups (GDG) we presented our students’ ideas for Google to expand its reaches. This time concepts like google hoodie, kinship glasses, google article, google spectre, spot on, google currency, google ville and go arts that received the maximum inquiry from investors from all around the world.
Entrepreneurship Event “Startup Forerunner” was organized by Srinovation (Entrepreneurship Club of Sri Sri University) on 25th & 26th Feb 2017 in collaboration with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
Dr. Ajay Kela, CEO Wadhwani Foundation was the Chief Guest in this event.
The event was inaugurated at 10 AM on 25th February, 2017 by the following guests –
Mr. Nihar Ranjan Samal, DGM, IDBI Bank,
Mr. C. R. Patnaik, Regional Head, Entrepreneurship Development Institute,
Dr. S. K. Sahu, Director, MSME, Govt. of Odish
The following are the Mentors who have joined in this event. :-
- Dr. Natabar Rout, CEO, ARVI INNOVATION
- Mr. C Chandra Shekhar, Founder & MD, COROMENDAL ENGG CO.
- Mr. Sanjay Mohanty, MD, Mayifind.com
- Dr. Srimoy Patra, Founder, Multi-Vision
- Mr. Mukteshwar Patra, Cofounder & MD, Tanvi Consultant Pvt Ltd
- Mr. Debasis Sahoo, Founder & CEO, Playbook Consultancy
- CA Rakesh K Gupta, PARTNER, SPP Associates
- Mr. Anil Mishra, Director Marketing, Ciginiti Technologies
- Mr. Pritam Mishra, Cofounder, Travdots.com
- Mr. Ayush Aggarwal, Founder, Lecturenotes.in
- Dr. K.C MISHRA, Founder, eKutir
- Mr. Swayam Baral, Director, Canyon Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Ambika Nanda, CSR Head, TATA STEEL
- Mr. Avelo Roy, Founder & CEO, Kolkata Ventures
- Mr. Manoranjan Mishra, Executive Engineer, Odisha State Road Project
ASBM Business Incubator Centre organized ‘Womenprenuership’ on the occasion of Women’s Day in which Ms. Shobhita Indrakanti, 1st year MBA has bagged the Best Startup Award – Service. The startup idea propositions are taken for venture funding support from MSME, Govt. of India, New Delhi through further workshops.
Srinovation (ED Cell of SSU) has organised one day workshop on “Impact of GST on MSME & Startups” on 18th August 2017 at 10 AM.
The following peoples participated as guest:-
- Shri Saswat Mishra, IAS, Commissioner of Commercial Taxes, Old Secretariat Campus, Banijya Kar Bhawan, Cuttack, Odisha
- Anand Sathpathy, Additional Commissioner
- Deepankar Sahoo, Deputy Commissioner
- CA Rashmi Ranjan Mishra, Chairman, East India Chartered Accountant Association