Prof. (Dr.) B.R. Sharma, Ph.D.
Our Hon'ble Vice Chancellor
Vice Chancellor, Sri Sri University
Prof. Sharma is an Academician having more than 38 years of experience in the field of Yoga Education and Research.
- Life Time achievement Award in the National Seminar, on History in Puranas inaugurated by the Governor of Odisha, sponsored by ICHR, New Delhi (Feb 01, 2020).
- Life Time Achievement Award by the President of Indian Association of Yoga, New Delhi for his contribution to the field of Yoga (Feb 22, 2020)
- Prof. Sharma was honored/awarded by various National and International Institutions/Yoga Associations for his huge contribution to the field of Yoga Research and Education.
- He was Felicitated by the Director of WHO during the WHO Working Group Meeting held at Hotel Le Meridian, New Delhi: 26-28 February 2019, for his Zero draft on ‘Benchmarks for Training in Yoga’. He was assigned this job on the recommendations of AYUSH Ministry, Govt. of India.
- He is still rendering his services as Peer Reviewer Yoga Expert for “mYoga applications” development as a part of the global ‘Be Healthy’, ‘be Mobile’ (BHBM) initiatives of WHO.
- He was a part of Govt. of India’s Delegation as a Yoga Expert to participate 11th Intergovernmental UNESCO meet (November 28-02 December, 2016) at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia wherein Yoga was accepted as Intangible Cultural Heritage of India.
- He has served Kaivalyadhama, Yoga Research Institute, Lonavla for more than 33 years in various capacities such as:
– Research Officer
– Head of Philosophico-Literary Research in Yoga
– Principal, Yoga College & Cultural Synthesis
- Managing Editor, Renowned Yoga Journal, Yoga Mimamsa.
- Chairman of various Institutional Committiees
- He has 13 books (in collaboration) in his credit and more than 50 Research papers published in Peer-reviewed Journals, Souvenirs, Proceedings, etc.
- 10 Ph.D. Scholars have been awarded Ph. D. under his supervision.
- He has been contributing as a member of the Central Govt. Committees as:
– Advisor (working group) Traditional Knowledge Digital Library Govt. of India.
– Member of Scientific Advisory Committee of Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
– Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee, Morarji. Desai National Institute of Yoga, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
– General Body Member of MDNIY, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India
– Member of Technical Committee of Yoga Certification Board (YCB), Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- He has organized various National Seminars/Conferences as General Secretary and 7 International Conferences as an organizing member and Chairman of Programme Committee and various other events at the Institute level at Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla, Pune.
- He has delivered keynote speeches and innumerable talks in various Universities / Institutions in India and several Yoga Associations across the Globe like Spain & Italy (Oct. 28 to Dec.3, 2001); Korea & Japan (April 4-24, 2002); Geneva, Switzerland (Jan.19 to April 4, 2007); Portugal (June 22-28, 2012); Italy ( April 24-28, 2013); Bulgaria (2013, 2014 & 2016); Hungary (2016); Germany (2016); and Ethiopia (2016)