- The B.P.E.S program is designed for three years. Each academic year comprises two semesters viz. Odd and Even semesters.
- The program consists of Six Semesters - Semesters I & II in the First Year of the Programme, Semesters III and IV in the Second Year of the program, and Semesters V and VI in the Third Year of the program.
- The total program consists of 132 credits equally divided into 22 credits per semester.
- The key areas of study within Physical Education are ‘Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology, Sports Sociology, Sports Management, Sports Journalism, Kinesiology- Biomechanics, Sports Training, Sports Medicine, Kinanthropometry, etc.
- The degree program in Physical Education covers topics that overlap with the areas outlined above and that address the interfaces of Physical Education with other subjects such as Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Management, Sociology along with training pedagogy employed for enhancing the functional status of individuals with varied needs.
The salient features are :
- Learning Outcome-based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) & Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) guidelines.
- Advanced Experimental and Computational Labs.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Holistic and pedagogical teaching-learning process.
- Extra-curricular activities.
A student with a degree in B.P.E.S has access to different types of job profiles and opportunities, some of them have been mentioned below:
- Govt Schools / Private Schools As Pt Teacher
- Govt Colleges / Private Colleges As Faculty/ Trainer
- Gyms And Fitness Centers
- Sports Franchises
- Sports Clubs