BACHELOR OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS (B.P.E.S)
- Physical Education is normally referred to as the science that aims to develop-inclusive aspects of human personality through physical and sports activities. Physical education is a multidisciplinary subject that cannot be studied in seclusion under the scope of one or two subjects.
- The scope of Physical Education as a subject is very broad. It caters to the need for developing the capability of the students on physical, mental, and social aspects. Physical education also aims to develop activity as an alternate and prophylactic medicine.
- To enhance the employability of graduates of Physical Education, Sri Sri University has incorporated practical learning experiences in the course curriculum.
- The B.P.E.S program is designed for three years. Each academic year comprises two semesters viz. Odd and Even semesters.
- The program consists of Six Semesters - Semesters I & II in the First Year of the Programme, Semesters III and IV in the Second Year of the program, and Semesters V and VI in the Third Year of the program.
- The total program consists of 132 credits equally divided into 22 credits per semester.
- The key areas of study within Physical Education are ‘Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology, Sports Sociology, Sports Management, Sports Journalism, Kinesiology- Biomechanics, Sports Training, Sports Medicine, Kinanthropometry, etc.
- The degree program in Physical Education covers topics that overlap with the areas outlined above and that address the interfaces of Physical Education with other subjects such as Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Management, Sociology along with training pedagogy employed for enhancing the functional status of individuals with varied needs.
The salient features are :
- Learning Outcome-based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) & Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) guidelines.
- Advanced Experimental and Computational Labs.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Holistic and pedagogical teaching-learning process.
- Extra-curricular activities.
A student with a degree in B.P.E.S has access to different types of job profiles and opportunities, some of them have been mentioned below:
- Govt Schools / Private Schools As Pt Teacher
- Govt Colleges / Private Colleges As Faculty/ Trainer
- Gyms And Fitness Centers
- Sports Franchises
- Sports Clubs