BSc Sports and Exercise Physiology
- The faculty with its program on BSc Sports and Exercise Physiology aims to provide an environment to the students, wherein they develop in a unique sports environment, which promotes inescapable spiritual and ethical dimension to make a sports person develop holistically.
- We aim to achieve quality in teaching, coaching, and research methodologies to excel in the field of physical education and sports sciences. We also are putting forward dedicated efforts to protect, sustain, and enhance traditional Indian Games.
- The Bachelors in Sports and Exercise Physiology Programme is three years program. Each academic year comprises of two semesters viz. Odd and Even semesters.
- The program consists of Six Semesters - Semesters I & II in the First Year of the Programme, Semesters III and IV in the Second Year of the program, and Semesters V and VI in the Third Year of the program.
- The total program consists of 132 credits equally divided into 22 credits per semester.
Core Contents Of The Program
- Exercise and Sports Physiology
- Movement Analysis
- Training and Conditioning
- Nutrition and Human Performance
- Sports and Exercise Psychology
On completion, graduates will have competence in performing the following
- Physiological performance assessment for athletes, normally healthy and people with controlled disease
- Movement/Biomechanical analysis of various sports
- Training and conditioning athletes
- Manage a fitness/wellness facility
Unique Course Offering
The program is designed to cater to the needs and aspirations of contemporary UG students in Exercise & Sports Physiology. The salient features of the course are:
- Learning Outcome-based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) & Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) guidelines.
- Advanced Experimental and Computational Labs.
- State-of-the-art classrooms and Technology Enhanced Learning.
- Holistic and pedagogical teaching-learning process.
- Extra-curricular activities.
Graduates on completion will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work in Sports medicine centers, professional sports organizations, corporate fitness/wellness industries, and occupational health as
- Exercise and Sports Physiologists
- Movement Analysts/Biomechanists
- Trainers/ Health Fitness Specialists/ Exercise Specialists
- Sports Science Administrators and Faculty
- Scientists involved in research on health and human performance and sports.