Admission Enquiry Form
BSc (Hons.) Agribusiness
- BSc (Hons.) Agri-Business is an undergraduate degree program that is offered to create professionals with agricultural and management skills. Recent years have seen a surge in demand for business and management professionals in the agricultural field, which has made courses like BSc (Hons.) Agri-Business even more relevant.
- The four years BSc (Hons.) Agri-Business course curriculum is structured to meet the needs of the agriculture industry. A student of BSc (Hons.) Agribusiness would evolve their perspective in core field areas like breeding, crop rotation, machinery, etc along with the marketing and sales strategy of food and agriculture products. An individual who is involved in agriculture production, distribution, marketing, and sales is associated with agribusiness.
- The course curriculum is developed to integrate topics to provide overall insight on theory and practices involved in farming, crop management, and practices of agri-business to services provision to enable sustainable economic development linked agricultural produce business models.
- The course curriculum makes one relate to the agriculture practices in the field and develop the business perspective of the same.
- One would develop learning in fields of Fundamentals of Soil Science, Production Management of Important Fruit Crops, Livestock Production and Management, Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics, Principles of Management and Agribusiness, Introductory Biology, Introductory Mathematics and many more.
- In each semester, students learn theoretical and conceptual aspects of various interdisciplinary courses. They are exposed to hands-on practical topics that range from 10- 12 themes in each course. Students learn through the presentation of assigned topics during the course to develop an overall comprehension of the course curricula.
- Students undergo practical training placement with the farmers through the RAWE program (Rural Agricultural Work Experience). This program is the basis for pragmatic training that exposes students to the rural lifestyle in areas such as agriculture and livelihood systems, socio-economic conditions of the farmers, and their problems that relate to modern agricultural development.
- The outreach program embedded into the course curriculum also helps students develop communication skills and build problem-solving competence. Such pedagogy imparts abilities to diagnose and develop problem-solving skills relevant to the real-time problems of the agriculture sector.
The career avenues that BSc (Hons.) Agribusiness presents range from government to the private sector. A degree of graduation in Agribusiness coupled with an M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree would likely increase the chances of getting involved with research and development. Here is a list of common career prospects after graduation:
- Assistant Plantation Manager
- Agriculture Development Officers
- Business Development Executive
- Agricultural Manager
- Agribusiness Financial Manager
- Agri Supply Chain Manager
- Farm Power & Machinery Manager etc.
COURSE FACT SHEET
Students from any of the combination of the courses in their 12th or +2 or Intermediate viz., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Economics, Business Management with a minimum 50% of aggregate pass marks are eligible to apply for B.Sc. (Hons.) Agribusiness degree program. Also, applicants with Diploma in agriculture or horticulture are also eligible and encouraged apply.
What People Say About Us
Health and Wellness by Ayurveda Netherlands,
Applications for 2022 Open