Admission Enquiry Form
BSc (Hons.) Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is one of the most relevant and popular choices among science students after their +2 in science.
- India which is an agriculture-driven economy needs innovation and quality research in this sector, which is why the agricultural field it seemed to be of immense opportunities.
- One can select a wide range of career options from working in agriculture management firms to agritourism to the core field to even applying for competitive exams such as UPSC, FCI, and other government areas.
- One can also opt for Post Graduation followed by the ICAR JRF exam.
- BSc (Hons.) in Agriculture program is a 4-years-long undergraduate course consisting of topics such as agricultural science, use of modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture, land surveying, soil science, water resource management, animal and poultry management, basics of biotechnology, agronomy, nutrition, farm operational management, agricultural marketing or journalism, genetics and animal breeding, production operations management, health, welfare and disease advisors, animal science and technology, research, advisory, and consultancy both for the government and the private sector.
- The main aim of this program is to use the above-mentioned concepts to train students to improve agriculture productivity, manage products, and pave way for future developments through research activities.
- The courseware will be delivered through a series of lectures, seminars, and practical classes at the SSU farms and laboratories. Our exceptional industry contacts and external visits to livestock and crop enterprises and agribusinesses will provide valuable additional case studies.
- Modules will be assessed through examinations and coursework, including real-life case studies, presentations, and reports. There are timed, unseen examinations at the end of each year. The Research Project is an integral part of the course. It provides the opportunity to study in-depth a subject of specific interest or of direct relevance to employment aspirations.
- Our graduates will be able to apply for placements relevant to their interests and aspirations and may choose to link these to their choice of electives in the final year or proposed dissertation topic.
The career avenues with a degree in BSc (Hons.) Agriculture is as follows:
- Agriculture Development Officers (ADO)
- Block Development Officers (BDO)
- Agriculture Research Scientist
- Subject Matter Specialist in different Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs)
- Plantation Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Food Processing Units in Government
- Operations Manager in Fertilizer Units
- Seed Technologies Firm
- Officer in Quality Assurance in Related Fields and many more
COURSE FACT SHEET
10+2 examination (science with PCB/PCM) from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% score
What People Say About Us
We needed more experienced people from India. Therefore, we visited Sri Sri University. After my visit I was very impressed by the total i.e. the location, the knowledge and the atmosphere. I met 10 students and they pitched their ideas to me, which they did really well. I was really impressed by the management and the things they said which I was recollecting all my way back and which will remain with me all my life.Ms. Anja Jessurun Director Shankara,
Health and Wellness by Ayurveda Netherlands,
Mr. Kishan is a work dedicated guy who quickly understood what the expectations were from the project & put all efforts to achieve the same. He was punctual throughout the SIP. The most important thing is, even not being from engineering background, he grasped the project so quickly and delivered it very well. This speaks of his dedication and commitment for the work.Mr. Sourabh Sharma Manager Supply Chain Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
This is a University for the future where everyone has a right share of economic, spiritual and social well-being. I am so impressed by this campus because it isn’t a clone of what is being taught everywhere else. It is connecting the ancient values to the needs of the present.Vandana Shiva, Social ActivistAuthor
I am quite impressed with facilities, cordial staff and highly talented faculty members here. They have very unique programs. I am quite impressed with campus infrastructure and integrated programs they are running right now. I wish them luck for the Ayurveda hospital!Dr. Vijay, Professor University of Hyderabad
I found the campus quite beautiful and serene. Around here, it is a different kind of experience. It is away from hustle and bustle of city near Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. If you want to do meditation or spend some time to do some serious work like writing, thinking, contemplating, this is a wonderful place.Vinish Kasturia Mathematics Professor, IIT
Applications for 2022 Open