- M.Sc/MA Yoga or Master of Science in Yoga is a postgraduate Yoga course. The course aims to build physical, mental, and spiritual discipline in the students.
- The basic tenet of the program is to develop skills of Yoga therapy in order to serve the people of the society.
- The duration of the course is two years and its syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters.
- The Masters of Arts program in yoga is a two-year academic program, spread over a total of four Semesters, comprising 16 weeks each.
- In-between terms, as part of their summer projects, students will have the opportunity to receive hands-on training at The Art of Living Yoga centers located across the world.
Objectives of the course
- To prepare professionals in yoga science who can teach at colleges and universities.
- To train individuals to work as yoga therapists.
- To enable individuals to pursue research in yogic sciences.
- To develop yoga and management skills to inspire employable Yoga entrepreneurs.
Features Of The Course
- The MSc/MA Yoga program at Sri Sri University incorporates a variety of teaching methods, involving both classical learning and practical techniques.
- We offer modern-day technological advancement alongside Guru-Kula inspired style to instill value-based education.
- The course curriculum is based on traditional Indian yoga philosophy from ancient scriptures such as – Bhagwat Gita, Upanishads, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga, among others.
- Practical-oriented learning, live-demonstration, and one-on-one practice sessions of several techniques – Asanas, Kriyas, Pranayama, Meditation, etc.
- Students are encouraged to participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Visitation of International Yoga experts all-through the year.
- Reputed faculty members from across the country and globe muster ancient Yoga teaching into students.
- MSc Yoga Graduates from Sri Sri University are placed in healthcare institutes, educational institutes (IIT, NIT, AIMS, Kendra Vidyalaya, etc), corporates, government sectors, studios, gymnasiums, and start-ups.
- The vast network of the Art of Living organization spanning 155+ countries creates platforms for internships /placements/collaborations.
- Graduation in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% score for general category and 45% for reserved category
- 4 Semesters
- The Faculty of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences at Sri Sri University incorporates a variety of teaching methods, involving both classical learning and practical techniques.
- The course curriculum is unique to the university and incorporates traditional yoga philosophy with techniques relevant to present-day lifestyles.
- The total credits required to complete the MSc in Yoga are 80.
- The evaluation process will take into account the spiritual discipline of students.
The different career opportunities available for students after completion of MSc/MA Yoga are as follows:
- Research Officer- Yoga and Naturopathy.
- Yoga Aerobic Instructor.
- Assistant Ayurvedic Doctor.
- Clinical Psychologist.
- Yoga Therapist.
- Yoga Instructor.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Therapists and Naturopaths.
COURSE FACT SHEET
Graduation in any stream with minimum aggregate of 50% score for general category and 45% for reserved category
What People Say About Us
Vandana Shiva, Social Activist
Dr. Vijay, Professor
Ms. Anja Jessurun Director Shankara
Mr. Sourabh Sharma Manager
Applications for 2023 Open