- MA Yoga is a postgraduate Yoga course. The course aims to build physical, mental, and spiritual discipline in the students.
- The basic tenet of the program is to develop skills of Yoga therapy in order to serve the people of the society.
- The duration of the course is two years and its syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters.
- The Masters of Arts program in yoga is a two-year academic program, spread over a total of four Semesters, comprising 16 weeks each.
- In-between terms, as part of their summer projects, students will have the opportunity to receive hands-on training at The Art of Living Yoga centers located across the world.
Objectives of the course
- To prepare professionals in yoga science who can teach at colleges and universities.
- To train individuals to work as yoga therapists.
- To enable individuals to pursue research in yogic sciences.
- To develop yoga and management skills to inspire employable Yoga entrepreneurs.
Features Of The Course
- The MSc/MA Yoga program at Sri Sri University incorporates a variety of teaching methods, involving both classical learning and practical techniques.
- We offer modern-day technological advancement alongside Guru-Kula inspired style to instill value-based education.
- The course curriculum is based on traditional Indian yoga philosophy from ancient scriptures such as – Bhagwat Gita, Upanishads, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga, among others.
- Practical-oriented learning, live-demonstration, and one-on-one practice sessions of several techniques – Asanas, Kriyas, Pranayama, Meditation, etc.
- Students are encouraged to participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Visitation of International Yoga experts all-through the year.
- Reputed faculty members from across the country and globe muster ancient Yoga teaching into students.
- MSc Yoga Graduates from Sri Sri University are placed in healthcare institutes, educational institutes (IIT, NIT, AIMS, Kendra Vidyalaya, etc), corporates, government sectors, studios, gymnasiums, and start-ups.
- The vast network of the Art of Living organization spanning 155+ countries creates platforms for internships /placements/collaborations.
- Graduation in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% score for general category and 45% for reserved category
- 4 Semesters
- The Faculty of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences at Sri Sri University incorporates a variety of teaching methods, involving both classical learning and practical techniques.
- The course curriculum is unique to the university and incorporates traditional yoga philosophy with techniques relevant to present-day lifestyles.
- The total credits required to complete the MSc in Yoga are 80.
- The evaluation process will take into account the spiritual discipline of students.
- To have in-depth knowledge of the classical yogic texts and undertake advanced and applied research in yoga and allied sciences
- To have the ability to conduct promotional yogic activities for happy and healthy life with the personality development and spiritual evolution
- To establish holistic health, social harmony and world peace by adopting the way of right living
- To develop qualied yoga professionals with quality education, training, research and consultancy orientations
- To inculcate leadership, creativity, attitude, skills, passion for learning and innovative thinking
COURSE FACT SHEET
Graduation in any stream with minimum aggregate of 50% score for general category and 45% for reserved category
What People Say About Us
Vandana Shiva, Social Activist
This is a University for the future where everyone has a right share of economic, spiritual and social well-being. am so impressed by this campus because it isn't a clone of what is being taught everywhere else. It is connecting the ancient values to the needs of the present.
Dr. Vijay, Professor
I am quite impressed with facilities, cordial staff and highly talented faculty members here. They have very unique programs. I am qu campus infrastructure and Integrated programs they are running right now. wish them luck for the Ayurveda hospital!
I found the campus quite beautiful and serene. Around here, it is a different kind of experience. It is away from hustle and bustle of city near Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. If you want to do meditation or spend some time to do some serious work like writing, thinking, contemplating, this is a wonderful place.
Ms. Anja Jessurun Director Shankara
We needed more experienced people from India. Therefore, we visited Sri Sri University. After my visit I was very impressed by the total i.e. the location. the knowledge and the atmosphere. I met 10 students and they pitched their ideas to me, which they did really well. I was really impressed by the management and the things they said which I was recollecting all my way back and which will remain with me all my life.
Mr. Sourabh Sharma Manager
Mr. Kishan is a work dedicated guy who quickly understood what the expectations were from the project & put all efforts to achieve the same. He was punctual throughout the SIP. The most important thing is, even not being from engineering background, he grasped the project so quickly and delivered very well. This speaks of his dedication and commitment for the work.
Applications for 2024 Open