- PhD (pursuing) – Department of Comparative Literature, Jadavpur University, India.
- MPhil in Translation Studies (2014) – Centre for Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies (CALTS), University of Hyderabad, India.
- M.A. in Comparative Literature (2012) – Department of Comparative Literature, Jadavpur University, India.
- M.A. in English (2010) Department of English, University of Calcutta, India.
What subject you teach at SSU ?
- International: Nominated as the South Asian Regional Director of International Association Eco-Translation Research (IAETR) from October 2018 to present. Invited as a Plenary Speaker at the 6th International Symposium on Eco-Translatology organized by International Association Eco-Translation Research (IAETR) at the Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, P.R. China, October, 2018. Worked as a Research Assistant for University of Technology, Sydney under Prof. Heather Goodall, Professor Emerita of History in the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, University of Technology, Sydney in a project funded by Australian Research Council from July, 2013 to April, 2014. Invited as participant-translator to the International Translation Workshop, ‘Writing the Margins: Negotiating the Politics of Translating Dalit literature’, jointly sponsored by Routledge Publishers, UK, and the International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS), UK, and hosted by West Bengal State University, India in November, 2017. Completed one semester Video Conferencing Course “Bodies at the Border” organized by Centre for Studies in Latin American Literatures and Cultures, Department of Comparative Literature, Jadavpur University, in collaboration with Cornell University, Ithaca, New York and University of Texas at El Paso, Texas from January to April, 2012. Member of the International Association of Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS) for two years. Member of the European Society of Translation (EST) for three years.
- National: Elected as the Treasurer of Comparative Literature Association of India (CLAI) from 14th March, 2019 to present. Invited to deliver two special lectures on Translation Studies for the students of English Honours (CBCS mode) of Rabindra Mahavidyalaya affiliated to University of Burdwan, West Bengal, September 2019. Worked as UGC MRP Project Fellow for University of Hyderabad, India under Professor Satyabrata Rout, Department of Theatre Arts, S.N. School of Art and Communication, University of Hyderabad, India in a UGC Major Research Project, from May to July, 2014. Completed Researching the Contemporary Course, 2015 organized by the Centre for the Study in Development Societies, Delhi (CSDS) from July-August, 2015. Completed the Oral History Certificate Course held in Bengaluru from 1-6th September, 2014, at the Centre for Public History of the Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru. Invited to deliver Six Lectures for Six Month Certificate Course on “Translation as Skill” at the Centre for Translation of Indian Literatures (CENTIL), Jadavpur University from 2016 to 2019. Life Member of Comparative Literature Association of India (CLAI).
- “Colonial Politics of Finding Equivalence: Interpreting ‘Translation’ and anubād through Nineteenth Century English to Sanskrit/Bengali Dictionaries”, Translation Today ISSN: 0972-8740 EISSN: 0972-8090 (Accepted).
- “Where is the text on the stage: Examining ‘Visuality’ and ‘Act of Translation’ in ‘Cyco Theatre’ of Natya Chetna” Global Media Journal, India edition, published by the University of Calcutta, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2019, ISSN 2249 – 5835.
- “Rubén Darío’s Modernismo: Modernism away from Europe”, jointly written by Rindon Kundu and Saswati Saha, published in Spring Magazine on English Literature, (a special issue on Modernism, Guest-edited by Maria-Ana Tupan), Vol. III, No. 1, 2017, E-ISSN: 2455-4715.
- Edited a volume titled “Intersemiotic Translation” for the Indian Journal of Comparative Literature and Translation Studies, Vol. 2, No. 1, February, 2014, (IJCLTS) E-ISSN: 2321-8274.
- Book Review of Carvalho by K.P. Purnachandra Tejaswi (trans. D.A. Shankar) published in the Sāhitya, the Journal of the Comparative Literature Association of India, Numbers 6 & 7 (Double Issue: March, 2016) ISSN: 2249-6416 (Online).
- International: Awarded Young Research Travel Grant (€ 600) by the European Society for Translation Studies for Paper Presentation in the EST Congress 2019 at the Stellenbosch University, South Africa2019. Awarded Full Grant (₤ 500) funded by the British Academy to participate in the African Translation and Interpreting Studies Writing Workshop at the Stellenbosch University, South Africa in September, 2019. Awarded IATIS 2018 Hong Kong Bursary for paper presentation in the 6th International Association of Translation and Intercultural Studies Conference, 2018, organized by Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong in July, 2018.
- National: Awarded UGC Junior Research Fellowship (UGC JRF) in Comparative Literature, 2013. Awarded Jadavpur University RUSA 2.0 Support (₹ 80000) to Research Scholars for paper presentation in the American Comparative Literature Association Annual Meeting, 2019 held at Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA, March, 2019. Awarded Jadavpur University Travel Grant (₹ 20000) for paper presentation in the “First Symposium on Ecolinguistics in China”, organized by the College of Foreign Studies, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, P.R. China, November, 2016.
- Translation Studies; Comparative Literature; Comparative Indian Literature; Indian Aesthetics; Modern Indian Theatre, Latin American Literature, Modern European Literature.